Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Keep Calm & Create Art Card with New Releases from the Positively Me Collection by Julianna Hudgins from the Spellbinders Blog Frenzy

Hello blogging friends! Hopefully I will actually be able to get this post up today--I am not sure if blogger is having issues or what but it seems to be acting crazy today!! I spent almost an hour and a half trying to upload my photos and now things are jumping all over the place--LOL! I have noticed several people on FB commenting about issues with blogger over the past couple of weeks. Well, whatever it is I hope it gets worked out soon!!

Today, I have a card to share with you that I thought was just perfect timing with CHA right around the corner.


I know several friends (designers) who getting into the crunch time with creating CHA projects, myself included and I thought the sentiment was perfect! ;-) I used JustRite Stampers CR-0225 Just Keep Calm Clear Stamp Set and some of the New Spellbinders Releases. Are you LOVING all of the New Releases? I know I am loving seeing all of the new products!!


To start I used three of the die template from S5-098 Jewel Stones, this is one of the New Releases from the Positively Me Collection by Julianna Hudgins from Spellbinders. You can click HERE to see some of the New Releases from the Positively Me Collection by Julianna Hudgins from the Spellbinders Blog Frenzy. I die cut the jewel shapes using the Grand Calibur and shrink plastic. Then I punched a hole in the top of each piece and used my heating tool to shrink the plastic and an acrylic block to flatten them. Then I used Copic markers and airbrushed the color onto the plastic jewel pieces.


Then I used glitter, jellie dots and mica (see the supply list for all of the links) to embellish each piece and I added Glossy Accents for a beautiful smooth and shiny finish.


Here is a close up of the jewel pieces. I love all of the sparkle!!


This is the scrap paper from when I did the airbrushing. I thought it looked to pretty to just throw away.


I used the hand die template from S5-097 Jewel Treasures to cut/emboss the center of the S5-077 Labels Twenty-Five and then I added the piece of scrap paper with the airbrushing behind the hand. I also added a little glitter to the colored part of the hand.


Like I said I think this is a prefect sentiment for all of us who are busy creating CHA artwork. I love CR-0225 Just Keep Calm New Stamp Set from JustRite Stampers --it is such a fun set!! I also airbrushed the label and added some glitter to the outer edge.


I used the jewel pieces and some beads and jewelry findings to create a charm for the card front.



A couple of close ups.


I used EL-001 Elite (B side) M-bossabilities Folder to create the background and layered the Simply Smooth White, Soot and Blue #67 cardstock. I also added a bow using Peacock Seam Binding from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Supplies
Stamps: JustRite Stampers CR-0225 Just Keep Calm (Clear)
Paper: Discount Cardstock Simply Smooth White, Soot, Blue #67
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic Markers B23, G14, BV55, B04
Dies: Spellbinders Grand Calibur, S5-077 Labels Twenty-Five, Positively Me Collection by Julianna Hudgins S5-097 Jewel Treasures, S5-098 Jewel Stones, EL-001 Elite (B side) M-bossabilities Folder
Accessories: Really Reasonable Ribbon Peacock Seam Binding; The Rubber Cafe Scrap Happy Sheer Glue, You're So Fine Glitter Blue Skies, Diva Pink, Limeade Green, Diamond Clear Cool Highlights, Jellie Dots Pearl, Diva Pink; Martha Stewart Mica Flakes; Ranger Glossy Accents; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Shrink Plastic; Beads & Jewelry Findings

12 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't wait to get the dies and make some charms. Those would be great as jewelry and embellishments for a book, too.
    Thanks for walking us through the process. So inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I LOVE the blue jewel... would love to know the exact items used for this particular jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing card! Thanks for sharing how you did it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!! I love the pearls and the colors and glitter. This rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is absolutely magnificent- thanks for sharing -amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. All here is absolutely gorgeous Heidi. You did a really awesome job on this and I so love all you´ve done. These new dies really are amazing and so is the new Just Rite stamps too. I´m drooling about everything here right now LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Heidi, you did an incredible job making those jewel charms come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this is sooo cute. i love the idea about the shrinky stuff. i've never used it. i'm lucky i don't have the pressures of cha, just the purchases of all the neat goodies released each time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. heidi, those jewels are AMAZING!! (and you know i never use capital letters ! ha ha )

    ReplyDelete
  10. The visit was useful. Content was really very informative. From www.indiafloristnetwork.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...