Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sew On Quilt Card

Hello blogging friends!  Today I have a fun sewing themed card to share with you.

  

For the base of the card I used a Chocolate Brown paper and layered it with a piece of Kraft colored paper.  Next I added a paper doily to the background.  Then I used the Grand Calibur, S5-111 Angle Approach and S4-342 Square Swatches to create the die cuts.  I used Ivory paper for the squares and then Raspberry paper for the Cut-Fold-Tuck die templates.  These two shapes together have the look of a quilt pattern. 


I inked the edges of the squares with Vintage Photo ink and then I layered the two pieces with 3D Foam Squares and added a pearl to the center.  

 Next I stamped the sentiment from the CR-02255 Just Keep Calm stamp set from JustRite Papercraft.  Then I used  S5-088 Sewing Elements to create the spool, buttons and scissors.  I threaded the buttons and also wrapped thread around the spool and I used Premium Craft Foil for the scissors. 


 Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CR-02255 Just Keep Calm
Paper:  Discount Cardstock Simply Smooth Ivory, DoubleMates Racy Raspberry, Kraft, Posh Milk Chocolate Felt; Paper Doily
Ink:  Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Ranger Distress Inks Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Bundled Sage, Victorian Velvet
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur, S5-111 Angle Approach, S4-342 Square Swatches, S5-088 Sewing Elements
Accessories:  Spellbinders Premium Craft Foil; Recollections Pearls; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares

1 comment:

  1. Stunning card! All the layering and detail is amazing! Love the sentiment and spool of thread!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...