Thursday, May 31, 2012

Beauty Butterfly Scrapbook Layout

Hello blogging friends!  Today, I have a scrapbook layout to share with you. 


My youngest son and I were out for a walk one day not too long ago and I happen to have my camera with.  While we were walking I snapped a few pictures of some animals, flower and this beautiful butterfly.  I just love how this picture turned out with the focus on the flowers and butterfly and the background almost looks like watercolor.  This is one layout that I am not going to put in an album, instead I think I am going to put it up on an easel for a home decor piece.   


I used  LF-014 Jewel Alphabet die templates to create the title.  I cut/embossed each of the letters twice with Posh Milk Chocolate and Gumdrop Green paper from Discount Cardstock. I slightly offset and layered the letters to create a shadow effect.  I also added Diamond Clear Glitter from The Rubber Cafe' to the top of the letters for a little sparkle and then I used 3D Foam Squares to adhere the letters to the layout.


The pattern paper is Kaisercraft Provence from the Bonjour Collection.  I also stamped a few butterflies on to the pattern paper.  The image is from S-114 Vintage Treasures from The Rubber Cafe' and I used Clearsnap Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx Truffle.  I just recently picked up a few of Donna's Inx and I have to tell you I ♥ them!!  They are so rich and creamy and now I want them all!!  LOL!  I also used Prismacolor Colored Pencil PC-1032 Orange Citrouille to add a little color to the butterflies and a little more glitter too.  To create the large butterfly I used LF-006 Wonderful Wings.  I added a handmade stick pin, seam binding and glitter to the butterfly.  In the background I also die cut a piece of Zutter Donna Salazar 7 x 7 Corrugated Board using LF-251 Grand Big Scalloped Ovals.  I used Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber Snow Cap on the corrugated board.


I stamped the sentiment - Spread Your Wings - along the bottom of the layout.  The sentiment stamp is also from The Rubber Cafe'.  


I also added Noelle Lace Trim from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  This is some of my favorite lace trim, I love the dainty edging!  I also added some tiny white butterflies.  The butterflies are the drop out pieces from the S4-329 Butterfly Circles die template.  

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi 


Supplies
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe' S-114 Vintage Treasures, G-771 Spread Your Wings
Paper:  Discount Cardstock Posh Milk Chocolate, Pop-Tones Berrylicious, Gumdrop Green, SpearmintKaisercraft Bonjour Collection Provence
Ink:  Clearsnap Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx Truffle; Prismacolor Colored Pencil PC-1032 Orange Citrouille; Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber Snow Cap
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur, LF-014 Jewel Alphabet, LF-006 Wonderful Wings, LF-251 Grand Big Scalloped Ovals, S4-329 Butterfly Circles
Accessories:  Really Reasonable Ribbon Noelle Lace Trim, White Seam Binding; The Rubber Cafe' Scrap Happy Sheer Glue, White Pearls, Diamond Clear Glitter; Zutter Donna Salazar 7 x 7 Corrugated Board; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Handmade Stick Pin; Hot Glue

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...