Saturday, May 26, 2012

Graduation Invite and a Happy Birthday!!

Hello blogging friends!  Today, I have a graduation invite to share with you.  

 

I wanted to make something a little more girly and fancy so I added some fun embellishments.  Now I wouldn't make a ton of these for a large celebration but for a smaller get together these fancy little invites would be perfect. 


To start I stamped the diploma image on to Crane Lettra Ecru card from Discount Cardstock with Top Boss Tinted Embossing ink from Clearsnap and then heat set with Gold Embossing Powder from Ranger to create a border across the bottom.  Then I added a piece of Black Satin Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

 

Next I stamped the banner and sentiment on to Crane Lettra Ecru card with Tuxedo Black ink and then I used the Grand Calibur and S5-090 Romantic Rectangles die templates from Spellbinders to cut/emboss the decorative rectangle.  I used CR-03745 Summer Words Clear stamp set from JustRite Papercraft for all of the images and sentiment.  I also die cut one of the S4-362 Ribbon Buckles and cut it in half and then placed it behind the decorative rectangle.  I used 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L to layer the pieces.
 

from Pro 31 Designs.  I love the 4mm pearls, they are the perfect size to use on cards and the curly roses are so fun to work with too!  I lightly misted the curly rose using some homemade shimmer spray in a gold/brown tone.  Then I added a few leaves with the rose.  To create the leaves I used S4-328 Foliage die templates.



On a more personal note I want to wish my oldest son Dusty Happy Birthday!!  He is 19 yrs old today!!  Where oh where did the time go?  I am so proud of him and the wonderful young man he has become!!  He is off with a bunch of his friends playing paint ball today--I am sure they are having a blast!!  I love you Dusty!!  ♥

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!! 

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
Paper:  Discount Cardstock Crane Lettra Ecru card/envelope set
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CR-03745 Summer Words Clear
Ink:  Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black; Clearsnap Top Boss Tinted Embossing
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur S5-090 Romantic Rectangles, S4-362 Ribbon Buckles, S4-328 Foliage
Accessories:  Really Reasonable Ribbon Black Satin (May Ribbon Club); Pro 31 Designs 4mm White Flat Back Pearls, White Mulberry Curly Roses (8103); Ranger Gold Embossing Powder; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Heat Tool, Hot Glue, Homemade Shimmer Spray Gold/Brown

2 comments:

  1. Amighty fancy invite you created - LOVE the dies that you used :)

    Happy 19th to Dusty!! What a fun way to celebrate!!

    Have a great weekend, Heidi! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. great invite and Happy birthday to your son from a cold and wintery Down Under

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...