Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pro31 Designs Sweet Smile Card

Hello blogging friends!  Today I have another project from Pro31 Designs to share with you and I also have a video.  This is only my second video and I am not a tech savvy person by any means but luckily my wonderful husband has stepped in and helped me out!! ♥

 

Here is the card I designed using several products from Pro31 Designs and Spellbinders™.  I love the vintage/ shabby chic look!  The pattern paper and the stamp set I used are both from the London Market Collection from Pink Paislee. The Simply Smooth Ivory, DoubleMates Racy Raspberry and Kraft cardstock papers are from Discount Cardstock.  


One of the products I used from Pro31 Designs is these Mulberry Curly Roses (8103).  These roses are a great size for paper crafting but one of the things that I love about them is that you can take them apart and use the center rosebud for a smaller flower.  (as shown in the video)


I used one Curly Rose as is and then I took two of them apart to make smaller rosebuds.  But don't throw away the bottom parts of the rose you can still alter them for another project by putting a large pearl or rhinestone in the center, a button or another smaller flower in the center for a whole new look.  I wanted to try and match the color of the roses in the pattern paper so I made a color wash using Victorian Velvet ink, then I also used Aged Mahogany and Antique Linen to add more color.


Here is a close up of the flowers.  Once the flowers were dry then I added a chunky glitter and brushed on Antique Linen Distress Stain with a paint brush to give it more of an aged look.   I also added some Iridescent Crystal Beaded Sprays in with the flower cluster and Ivory Tear Drop Pearl Trim along the bottom of the card. 

 

I used a few of the Small Green Fabric Leaves and I also altered them to match the paper.  First I  applied Snow Cap Acrylic Paint Dabber to the leaves and next I added Vintage Photo ink and a paint brush with water to move the ink around. Then I added glitter and Antique Linen Distress Stain to the leaves.


The butterfly image and the sentiment are from Vintage Impressions Clear Stamps from the Pink Paislee London Market Collection.  I stamped the images on to Simply Smooth Ivory paper using Rich Cocoa ink.  Then I inked the inside edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I used S5-090 Romantic Rectangles die template from Spellbinders.  To create the frame I used Kraft paper and S5-083 Antique Frame and Accents die template and applied Snow Cap Paint Dabber, Vintage Photo and Rich Cocoa ink. 


To create the layered butterfly I used Simply Smooth Ivory paper, Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany and Antique Linen Distress Inks.  The smallest butterfly is an image from the stamp set and I watered down the inks and fussy cut the image.  For the two larger butterflies I used LF-006 Wonderful Wings die templates and the same paper and inks.  The body of the butterfly is one of the Ivory Tear Drop Pearls from the beaded trim.  I also added chunky glitter and Antique Linen Stain.





Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoy the card and the video.  Have a wonderful and creative day!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Ink:  Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa, Ranger Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany Distress Inks, Antique Linen Distress Stain, Snow Cap Acrylic Paint Dabber
Accessories: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares, JoAnn's Clear Chunky Glitter; Hot Glue


11 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW! You did such a great job. Sharing this on Facebook girl! Love the card and you rocked the video. Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, Heidi! I used the same frame for my luminaire project today - great minds think alike! LOL! Wonderful job on this post :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the card and was deeply impressed with your video. Any chance you could demonstrate the colour washing of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Heidi!! Great video too!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to visit you blog! You have vintage to an art! Your work is always stunning and today is no exception! Beautiful card! Thank you for the details about making the card.
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely stunning, love the colors and the London market paper...your whole layout is just beautiful...thank you for all the explanations and the video, you did a great job explaining, please do them more often...hugs...
    Denise Trottier

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card,great video. Enjoyed it all. Love how you replicated the colors of your paper onto your embellies. Lovely. This reminds me of an Anna Griffin paper. You always ace the details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful project, Heidi. You know I love that Pink Paislee paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sooo gorgeous....I didnt know you were designing for pro31 too! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. I love those roses!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...