Thursday, May 3, 2012

JustRite Papercraft May Release Day Two - Two Cards & Two Tutorials

Hello blogging friends!  Today, is the second day of the JustRite Papercraft May Release.  The New Releases we are showcasing today are CL-03655 Going Places Vintage Labels, and CL-03735 Violette Vintage Labels.  There is also a New Die Template Release - JB-03730 Vintage Label & Banner Dies matches perfectly with the new stamp sets.  

I have two cards to share with you today and I have tutorials on the two different backgrounds.  




I stamped the CL-03760 Cozy Plaid background stamp using Rich Cocoa ink and then I started to add color using Copic markers.  I started with a blue markers going over all of the very thin lines (going in both directions).


Next I added a tan color going over all of the medium lines.


For the last color I added a green going over the wide lines.  Layering the colors makes a perfect plaid background.  


I colored the image using Copic makers and then I used JustRite Papercraft Custom Dies JB-03730 Vintage Label & Banner Dies to cut/emboss the two labels.  


Then I added some green and tan ribbon with a charm.  The ribbons is from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store May Arts Ribbon Sampler Spring Green Ribbon


Here is my second card.

  



To create the background for this card I used Distress Ink Old Paper and two colors of Distress Makers to color directly on to the background image.  

 

Here is the image after it was stamped. 


I cut the background image and layered it on to a piece of Frosted Amethyst and inked the edges with Old Paper Distress Ink.  I lightly taped the two piece of paper in the middle and then I sewed around the edges with a zig-zag stitch. 


Here is a close up of the stitching.  I know I need to work on sewing straight but this is my first project with my new to me sewing machine and I love how it turned out!  I am pretty excited about having a sewing machine!!  See the bottom of the post for more info.  ;-) 

  

I used Distress Markers to color the image and then I added some Diamond Clear Glitter and Ivory Pearls from The Rubber Cafe' to the flowers.  

 

I also added some Light Blue silk ribbon and Purple Chenille Dots trim both from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and a flower charm.

I hope you enjoyed the cards and seeing how you can create two different styles for the background stamp.  Please be sure to visit all of the Design Team Members to see what they created using the New Release Stamps!


I mentioned above that I have a new sewing machine (new to me!)  and am so excited to be trying my hand at sewing!!  I have to give a HUGE Thank You to my aunt Gail!!!  She picked up this sewing machine for me at a sale this past weekend!!  It's a Viking Husqvarna Automatic.  It's an older machine but it purrs like a kitten and works perfectly!!  I can't wait to try out a few more projects.  ;-) Thank You!!!!! 



Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful and creative day!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies for Live Your Dreams Card
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CL-03655 Going Places Vintage Labels, CL-03760 Cozy Plaid
Paper:  Discount Cardstock Simply Smooth Ivory, Blue #67, Herbal Garden
Ink:  Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Ranger Distress Inks Antique Linen, Vintage Photo; Copic Markers B00, B34, B97, YG63, E00, E31, R17, R29, R46, R89
Dies:  JustRite Papercraft Custom Dies JB-03730 Vintage Label & Banner Dies, Spellbinders Grand Calibur
Accessories:  The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store May Arts Ribbon Sampler Spring Green Ribbon; Scrapbooks Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Charm, Thread

Supplies for Just A Note Card
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CL-03735 Violette Vintage Labels,  CL-03760 Cozy Plaid
Paper:  Discount Cardstock Simply Smooth Ivory, Blue #67, Frosted Amethyst
Ink:  Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Ranger Distress Ink Old Paper; Distress Markers
Dies:  JustRite Papercraft Custom Dies JB-03730 Vintage Label & Banner Dies, Spellbinders Grand Calibur
Accessories:  The Rubber Cafe' Scrap Happy Sheer Glue, Diamond Clear Glitter, Ivory Pearls, Stick "EM" Up Tool; The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store Purple Chenille Dots (Grab Bag), May Arts 1/4 Light Blue Silk Ribbon; Zutter Distrezz-it-All; Sewing Machine, Flower Charm; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares


6 comments:

  1. great plaids heidi !! i have to try that out soon. i knew it wouldn't take you long to put machine stitching on a card. it was just a matter of hours and you produced a fantastic card. great job.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card. Have fun with your machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, your cards are fabulous!!! I just love the way you stamped the background in two different ways for different effects - FANTASTIC!! :) Congrats on the new machine too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Heidi, love the background techniques!
    I am so happy to be on the Design Team, you are all very talented ladies! Have fun with your new sewing machine! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards my friend! Great background and excellenteeeeeee Copic coloring. You rocked it girl!!!! HFB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what the machine is worth but the cabinet is priceless, love your new machine!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...