Friday, May 18, 2012

Blue Hydrangea Card - Bazzill Basics Paper - Card Shoppe Paper

Hello blogging friends and Happy Friday!  Not too long ago Bazzill contacted me to see if I would like to try out some of their New Cardstock--Card Shoppe.

 

Card Shoppe is a New cardstock that is perfect for card makers and paper crafters.  It is smooth, heavy-weight (100 lbs), and folds with a crisp edge.  It is prefect to use with Copic markers and it won't warp when using mists.  Card Shoppe is available in 28 coordinating colors in 8.5 x 11 sheets.  **NOTE--The Bazzill Basic Paper website has been doing some maintenance and once everything is up and going I will come back and add in all of the direct links.  ;-) 

Over the next few weeks I will be sharing several projects with you using the Card Shoppe papers.   Bazzill was very generous to send and extra paper pack so I will be having a fun give-away in the next couple of weeks too!  So be sure to Follow, Subscribe or check back ofter--you won't want to miss out on this great prize!!  


Here is the card I designed using the Card Shoppe papers.  I wanted to try a few different techniques with the paper just so I could see how it would hold up and the paper is Fantastic!!  I did stamping, coloring with Copic markers, die cutting, embossing and paper shaping.

 

To start I used Rich Cocoa ink and stamped the image on to Marshmallow (white) cardstock.  Then I started to add color using Copic markers.  I used four shades of blue for the flowers.


Next I used two shades of green Copic markers to color the leaves.  Sorry, but I forgot to take a picture of the bow after I colored it but I used three shades of pink to color the bow.


I used S4-356 Floral Ovals die template to create the die cut.  I wanted to air brush on the inside of the die cut so I left the die template in place and created a mask to put over the floral image.  I used a yellow marker on the inside of the oval and a blue marker for the flowers on the outer edge. 


After die cutting, air brushing and removing the mask this is what the die cut looks like. 


Next I used Gumdrop (green) paper and S4-328 Foliage die templates to cut/emboss some leaves and then I used a green Copic marker to airbrush them.


For the little flowers Icy Mint (lt. blue) Card Shoppe paper and two of the flower die templates from S5-089 Home Sweet Home.  To shape the flowers and leaves I used a larger ball stylus and a foam pad.  


Here is a close up of the colored image and the die cut oval and flowers.  I added Pearls for flower center and Diamond Clear Glitter to the flowers and leaves.  The Pearls and Diamond Clear Glitter are both from The Rubber Cafe'.

 


I added some May Arts Ribbon Sample Delicate Vintage Lace and May Arts 1/4'' Fuchsia Silk Ribbon from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  For the embossed background I used Icy Mint (lt. blue) Card Shoppe paper and EL-002 Regal M-Bossabilities Folder from Spellbinders.  For the card base I used Gumball (med.blue) Card Shoppe paper.  


This is my first card using the Card Shoppe paper from Bazzill but I really like working with the papers.  They are nice and smooth, work great with Copics and die cut and emboss beautifully!  I am looking forward to creating more projects and trying more techniques with the Card Shoppe papers.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a Wonderful Friday!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CR-03705 Botanical Medallions & Banners
Paper:  NEW Bazzill Basics Paper Card Shoppe Marshmallow (white), Icy Mint (lt. blue), Gumball (med.blue), Gumdrop (green)
Ink:  Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Copic Markers BG70, B000, B21, B34, RV10, R83, RV66, Y11, TG61, YG63
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur, S4-356 Floral Ovals, S5-089 Home Sweet Home, S4-328 Foliage, EL-002 Regal M-Bossabilities Folder
Accessories:  The Rubber Cafe' Scrap Happy Sheer Glue, Diamond Clear Glitter, Pearls, Stick "EM" Tool; The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store May Arts Ribbon Sample Delicate Vintage Lace, May Arts 1/4'' Fuchsia Silk Ribbon; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Hot Glue

11 comments:

  1. lovely..I love the way you added extra little flowers looking like the hydrangea..so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, this issoooo gorgeous Heidi. I love how you made this beauty here, so stunning workhere and these papers sure looks awesome, that´s for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heidi,
    this card is soooo pretty! the 3-d flowers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card- love the coloring you did for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty...love the flowers and that beautiful bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely. I remember you doing those little flowers and I love them...and hydrangeas are some of my favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely. Looking forward to checking out this new cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The airbrushing really does add a nice touch to this already beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Heidi, and I just have to say I completely love that little eye with the big eyelashes on your Copic airbrush. Darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed seeing your card today. Thanks for all great instructions. I loved seeing the techniques you used. I appreciate you sharing this with us. I will have to look for this new paper...sounds great.
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love hydrangeas! REally love what you've done here. Your eye for enhancement really made this project astounding. Each element lead to an exquisite final piece. Learned so much from the step-by-step details you supplied. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...