Sunday, May 13, 2012

Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop - May Ribbon Club


Good morning blogging friends! Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there and to all of the wonderful women who are like a mom to someone!!  I want to say a very special Happy Mother's Day to my Beautiful mom---Love you mom and I hope you have a Wonderful Day!! ♥

 Today, is the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop for the month of May. The RRR Design Team Members and Special Event Design Team Members will be showcasing the Monthly Ribbon Club.



This month there is a beautiful assortment of Pink and Black ribbons included in the May Ribbon Club Click HERE for more details.

If you are following the order of the blog hop you should have just come from Bonnie's Blog. If not and you just happened to pop in for a visit please click HERE to start the blog hop at the Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings! Blog.

  
For my project I altered a little container and filled it with some goodies and then I designed a matching card.


I love the assortment of  pink and black ribbons in the May Ribbon Club!  I thought the ribbons would be perfect for a large ribbon loop flower.  I cut the ribbon in four different lengths--9'', 7-1/2'', 6'' and 5'' (and four piece each).


To create the double loops I hot glued each of the ribbon ends to the center of the ribbon as shown.


Then I layered the double ribbon loops and glued each layer creating the base of the flower.


Next I added the black ribbon.


More pink ribbon.

 

To finish off the flower I added another layer with black pattern ribbon and a button to the center.


For the card I made another ribbon loop flower but it was a little smaller and only had two layers of the ribbons.


I used S5-040 Floral  Doily Accents, S5-041 Floral Doily Motifs die templates and ES-008 Garden Delight M-Bossabilities™ Folder from Spellbinders™ to create the die cuts and embossed panel.  I also used Soot and Pop-Tone Razzle Berry cardstock from Discount Cardstock and black rhinestones from Recollections.

Now to continue in the blog hop you need to hop on over to Patti's Blog and check out her fantastic project!

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy the Really Reasonable Blog Hop!! Don't forget to visit the RRR Store and check out all of the beautiful ribbons, lace and trims!

I hope you have a wonderful and creative day!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi
Supplies
Accessories:  Recollections Black Rhinestones; Hot Glue



30 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift set and that bow is stunning
    Happy Mothers Day sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, absolutely love your ribbon flowers, so easy but very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your project and card! What great ribbon flowers! I have to mqake some myself! Thanks for the inspiration. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I love your card and fun little gift container and the loopy ribbon flowers are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Now that's a way to use up ribbon. I'm going to bookmark this project so I can create one of these bows. TFS>

    cbarwick@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome projects, Heidi! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bow you've done! That's a beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bows. And the tutorials are so very helpful, too. Beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing bows! Wow. And the embossing on the card! Double wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome projects...thank you for sharing on how you made the bows....just beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful bow...I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing the instructions on how to make the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great gift set! Hugs!Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, Heidi! Those are the most incredible bows and your instructions are so easy to follow. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two great projects! You make it look so simple. I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for the bow directions. Just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Boy there sure is a lot of talent here today. What you did with the ribbon is magnificent. Sooo pretty. thanks for info how to make too,
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving the gift basket and matching card! These are definetly my colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a fun gift set, I love how you encorporated the pink and black ribbon this month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful set, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely super stunning, wow, love the color combo, striking!!
    lotsa luv

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the ribbon bows!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! Love pink & black and the black border is so pretty. I really wan to try and do the ribbon flower and hope it turns out as gorgous as yours.

    marg 0006 at verizon dot net
    LOving Scrapper 101

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous projects... the colors are perfect for a project i have coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very, very nice.

    Tina
    aurathentic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely projects and fabulous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. As always, LOVE your card and gift. The loopy bow is adorable! Off to try the bows!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...