Friday, July 26, 2013

Paris Trinket Box

Hello blogging friends!  How are you all doing?  It sure has cooled off in MN the past couple of days, but I'm not complaining lol!  The cooler weather is a nice change, as long as we don't all of a sudden jump into Fall.  This next week is going to be a busy one!  Our youngest son is going to be in his first play and they have two performances everyday.  It's pretty exciting as this is his first play and he had a lead roll.  Plus we have the County Fair and when your from a small town that's a pretty big thing lol!  Besides the 4th of July it's probably the biggest event of the summer.  ;-)  It's going to be busy week on my blog too with a New JustRite Papercraft Release--starting on Sunday!

Today, I have a beautiful altered box to share with you.


This is the view of the top of the box.  I painted the wood box with an antique white paint.  Then I used Liquitex Light Modeling Paste with some Antique Linen Ink Refill to tint the modeling paste and stencils for the top and sides of the box.  I added lace around the heart and then I created the banners for the top.  To create the banners I used SW-04415 Bunting and Buttons Dies from JustRite Papercrft and  Premium Craft Foil from Spellbinders Paper Arts®.  I stamped the word Paris with metal stamps on the craft foil banner die cuts.  I also used felt to create the scalloped banner die cuts.  I added gesso, pearls, Champagne Crushed Glass GlitterPssst! Sheer Shimmer Spritz Gold and White Seam Binding (tea dyed).  The vintage image is one that I found online and printed off.


Here is a close up of the banner.  I also added a metal crown and rhinestones.


I created a cameo and flower cluster down in the bottom corner.  The Small Pink CameoSmall Bronze Cameo FrameClear SS10 Pointy Back Crystal Rhinestones and Leaf Filigrees are all from ButterBeeScraps.  For the roses I brushed on Pssst! Sheer Shimmer Spritz Gold and I love how they shimmer!!  I also lightly misted the entire box with the spritz.  


Going all around the box I added Venise Lace.  I used four different styles of the lace trim.  To finish it off I added a beautiful and fluffy bow made with tea dyed Seam Binding and a large gem.

I had so much fun create this decorative box and I love how it turned out!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
JustRite Papercrft:  SW-04415 Bunting and Buttons Dies
Spellbinders Paper Arts®:  Premium Craft Foil
Really Reasonable Ribbon:  White Seam Binding (tea dyed)
The Rubber Cafe:  Liquitex Light Modeling Paste, Champagne Crushed Glass Glitter
ButterBeeScraps:  Leaf Filigrees, Small Pink Cameos (#CAM35-PK), Small Bronze Cameo Frame (#F835-B), Clear SS10 Pointy Back Crystal Rhinestones
Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko:  Pssst! Sheer Shimmer Spritz Gold
Ranger:  Antique Linen Ink Refill
Simply Paveena:  Venise Lace
Stencils, Pearls, Felt, Metal Crown, Large Crystal, Metal Stamps, Wood Box, Printed Image

4 comments:

  1. OMGosh--this is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is way beyond gorgeous, fabulous and everything. I totally love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi. This is just jaw dropping gorgeous. I am at a loss for words...

    I hope your son has fun in his play and you enjoy the fair. Looking forward to seeing your projects with the new releases!

    Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...