Thursday, July 18, 2013

Estate Sale Vintage Dress and Hilarious Hoarders Video Revisited

Hello blogging friends!  I don't have any artwork to share with you today but I can say I am officially done with CHA artwork!!  Such a wonderful feeling to have all of the projects completed and in the mail! ;-)

Last week I got a phone call from my aunt Gail and she was at an estate sale.  She found this beautiful vintage dress and it was only $12.00!!  She described it to me and said she thought it would look great on my dress form.  So I got over to the sale right away.  I bought the dress and a bag full of old wooden spools.  We had a fun time looking around!


Here is a picture of the dress before I washed it.  The dress is so delicate so I washed it by hand. 


Here is a close up of the before.  I think the people might have been smokers because the dress was yellowed and as soon as the fabric hit the water it didn't smell very good.  I was a little worried that the smell might not come out but after four washes the water was clear and the dress didn't smell.  


Here is an after picture and the dress is a pretty light ivory now.  ;-)




I LOVE how pretty my dress form is now with this beautiful vintage dress!!!
It makes me Happy!! ;-)
A Huge Thanks to my aunt Gail for a Fabulous estate sale find!!!

The other day a dear sweet friend of mine Wendy Weixler shared a video on Facebook and she tagged several friends--myself included.  Maybe you have already watched this video but if not you HAVE TO SEE IT!!!  This will totally make your day and put a smile on your face!!  Linda, the lady in the video is Hilarious!!!  Her video has been viewed almost 20,000 times and she just posted it a couple of days ago. 


Let's Go Shopping!!!

LOL!!  I hope this video gave you a good laugh!!

Have a Wonderful Day and Happy Crafting!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

13 comments:

  1. Your dress is beautiful! What a wonderful find. And the jewelry & accessories you put with it are PERFECT!! LOL thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!!!!!!!
    That was a great U-tub video!
    LOVE the dress! It's so pretty and delicate looking!
    Keep Cool!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi....Linda is fantastic! Oh, and can I relate. She has made my day, and I know I am not alone in the "hoarding" department. Everything she has said is a carbon copy of me. Thanks for letting us all know about her.

    Love the wedding dress. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First let me comment on the dress. It is gorgeous and looks beautiful on the dress form. Now on to the video it is outrageously funny. I have to give an Amen to Linda because she is telling the truth. Loved the video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the video and I can so relate. With CHA coming up I've been seeing teasers of all the things I HAVE to have. The dress is beautiful and a real find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful dress! I love vintage linens and aprons. This dress is quite a find and a huge bargain at that. You have it dipslayed so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the dress is so much prettier than I first imagined. and with the skirt overlay.......... oh my!! so glad you got it and have such a great display for it now. better than hanging in a closet or laying in a box forever . you did good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress...so lovely!

    Saw the video yesterday and boy oh boy did she hit the nail on the head. I have shopped so much I no longer have room for anything more.

    Ohhh, let me tell you how relieved the mailman is now...and I am so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my that gal has me downpat!!I just got back from shopping. You go girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved that vintage dress! I have my mother's flapper wedding dress which I prize dearly.
    I could relate to the lady in the video. I tell everyone I have enough supplies to open up my own store. My weaknesses are patterned paper and bling. Thanks for sharing. It's nice to know I'm not the only craft shopping addict. And the worst part is I haven't done any scrapbooking yet--I'm still organizing my photos. I do make a lot of cards and use some of my stash for that

    ReplyDelete
  11. Land of milk and honey scrapiness
    I love to go there too...thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dress is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dress is precious! What a find.
    OH, MY GOODNESS!!!! Linda is hilarious, I have laughed so much and can't wait to share her video with my sister and daughter, both will understand her. Please tell Linda she is not alone by any means. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...