Monday, March 30, 2015

Timeless Beauty ButterBeeScraps and ICE Resin Bezel Necklace

Hello everyone!  Today, I have another jewelry piece to share with you.  I have to say I have really been enjoying creating jewelry lately.  Sometimes I wish I had more hours in a day.  I have so many ideas and sketches of jewelry pieces I would love to make--it's kind of like cards lol.


Here is a necklace I designed.  I started with a Mixed Metal Hobnail Square Bezel, Antique Bronze and then I added a beautiful digital collage image with a lady, script, flowers and a clock.  The image is a digital download from ArtCult on Etsy.  I love this Etsy shop!  She has so many beautiful images to choose from.  I filled the bezel with ICE Resin and also sprinkled a tiny bit of German Glass Glitter in the resin.  Once the resin was cured and hardened then I added some fun bits and pieces to embellish it.


I edged the bezel with  SS8 Crystal Rhinestone Chain Trim.  For the brass filigree piece I used Brass Filigree Embellishment (Item #001-G).  I cut the filigree piece in half and then I filed it to smooth the edges.  I applied a very thin layer of Luminere-Pearl Magenta Paint to the brass filigree piece to pick up some of the pink from the roses in the image and then I sealed the piece.  Next I added a couple Resin Flower Embellishments - White (Item #RES003-WH).


Next I filled in some of the spaces with SS10SS12SS16 Vitrail AB Flat Back Glass Rhinestones.  These rhinestones are so pretty and the colors change with movement going from a pink, rose, purple, golden yellow and green.  I just love all the colors they pick up and they can be used with so many jewelry pieces.


Here you can see a close up of the rhinestones.


To finish off the bezel I created three beaded dangles.  I used Bronze Ball End Head Pins8x12mm Faceted Glass Teardrop Beads - Clear AB4x6mm Faceted Glass Abacus Beads - Clear AB Bronze Filigree Bead Cap CAP114-B, and Bronze Filigree Bead Caps (Item #CAP052-B) all from ButterBeeScraps.  The pink and green beads are from my stash.


I hope you like this jewelry piece.  If you have any questions about jewelry making please feel free to leave your question in the comments.  Also be sure to leave an email address or a link back to a blog so I can answer your question.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
ButterBeeScraps:  SS8 Crystal Rhinestone Chain TrimSS10, SS12, SS16 Vitrail AB Flat Back Glass RhinestonesBrass Filigree Embellishment (Item #001-G)Resin Flower Embellishments - White (Item #RES003-WH), Bronze Filigree Bead Cap CAP114-BBronze Filigree Bead Caps (Item #CAP052-B), Bronze Ball End Head Pins8x12mm Faceted Glass Teardrop Beads - Clear AB4x6mm Faceted Glass Abacus Beads - Clear AB
Other Supplies:  ICE Resin, Mixed Metal Hobnail Square Bezel, Antique Bronze, Digital Image from ArtCult on Etsy, German Glass Glitter, Pink Bead, Green Bead, Luminere-Pearl Magenta Paint

2 comments:

  1. Heidi! That is beautiful! I can`t stop looking at it. You have such a great colour sense!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...