Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Really Reasonable Ribbon March Blog Hop



Good morning blogging friends!  Today, is the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop for the month of March.  The RRR Design Team Members and Special Events Design Team Members will be showcasing the Monthly Ribbon Club


This month there is a beautiful assortment of Pink, White and Green ribbons included in the March Ribbon Club. This is such a pretty combination for Spring projects.  Click HERE for more details on how you can sign up for the Monthly Ribbon Club.

If you are following the order of the blog hop you should have just come from Judy's Blog. If not and you just happened to pop in for a visit please click HERE to start the blog hop at the Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings! Blog.


For my project I designed a card using three of the ribbons/trims from the March Ribbon Club Assortment - Sweet Pickle.  I used two of the ribbons to create a banner across the top of the card and I used some of the white crochet trim to make a little rosette.


To start I used StazOn Opaque Roasted Coffee ink from Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko to stamp the word banners on to the pink ribbon.  The stamps are from JustRite Papercraft CR-04375 Live, Love Laugh Vintage Labels Two stamp set.  These little word banners are the perfect size for stamping on ribbon.



Next I fussy cut the ribbon to make little banners.


The rosette was very quick and easy to make.  I did a straight stitch through the top of the white crochet trim, pulled it to ruffle up the trim and sewed the ends together.


Here is a close up of the banner at the top of the card.  I used a piece of crochet thread and 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L to adhere the ribbon.


The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  I die cut a S4-110 Classic Ovals Large, stamped the sentiment with Opaque Roasted Coffee ink and inked the inside edges with Memento Inks Toffee Crunch.  Then I added the rosette, pink roses and leaves.  I added a buckle slider with large pearl to the center of the rosette.  For the leaves I used Herbal Garden paper from DiscountCardstock.comS4-328 Foliage die template and Memento Ink  Pistachio.  


I used BoBunny Prairie Chic Collection and S5-131 A2 Matting Basics A die template to create the mat for the card front and then I used Posh Milk Chocloate for the base of the card.  To finish off the card I added some tiny pearls to the banner and around the flower cluster.

I hope you enjoyed my project and tutorial. 
Don't forget StazOn inks are prefect for stamping on ribbon!

Now to continue in the blog hop you need to hop on over to Vivian's Blog and check out her fantastic project!

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy the Really Reasonable Blog Hop!! Don't forget to visit the RRR Store and check out all of the beautiful ribbons, lace and trims!
I hope you have a wonderful and creative day!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi  


Supplies
Really Reasonable Ribbon:  March Ribbon Club Assortment - Sweet Pickle
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CR-04375 Live, Love Laugh Vintage Labels Two
Paper:  DiscountCardstock.com Posh Milk Chocloate, Simply Smooth Ivory, Herbal Garden; BoBunny Prairie Chic Collection
Ink:  Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko StazOn Opaque Roasted Coffee, Memento Inks Toffee Crunch, Pistachio
Dies:  Spellbinders Creative Arts™ Grand Calibur® Machine, S5-131 A2 Matting Basics A, S4-110 Classic Ovals Large, S4-328 Foliage
Accessories:  Recollections Pearls; Buckle Slider with Large Pearl; Pink Roses; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Needle/Thread, Hot Glue

33 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I love your flowers.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Heidi!
    Great use of so many of this month's ribbons! :)

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card Heidi!! Love how you did your little banner with the ribbons!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Beautiful card!!! Love the ribbons you used!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!Beautiful card,Love your flowers,and how you used your ribbon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Heidi, the lace rosette is gorgeous : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card with that darling ribbon banner. Great idea to stamp with StazOn ink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful! I love how you stamped on the ribbon for the banner and how you make the flower! Lots of great tips! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the pretty banner witht the stamping and that lace ribbon flower is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! Love how shabby it is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, love the rosette of lace and such a pretty ribbon banner.

    Cheers,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I love your banner and your rosette. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card. i love how you stamped on the ribbon. i haven't seen that before or opaque ink either. so many things so little space, i degress. cute banner and i only cringed a little when i saw the needle. luckily it wasn't headed towards me. :) tfs

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always, Heidi, BEAUTIFUL! I already am a Ribbon of the Month subscriber and always love the assortment of colorful ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty--I like your ribbon banner and the lace rosette.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! TFS.
    D-
    designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful creation, such detail, I just love it... I am looking forward to seeing everyone's creations... so I can learn a few things about ribbon... thanks for sharing...
    as to the question:
    What is your favorite coloring medium? Well I must admit... It's stickles...
    morentin1326{at}aol{dot}com
    adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! I love the stamping on the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely card. Love all the different uses for ribbons. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a very creative way to use ribbon. I always have little pieces left over and now I have a way to use them. Thanks for the idea.
    Candy Meyers

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all the pretty details and how you turned the lace into a sweet flower.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net
    Loving Scrapper 101

    ReplyDelete
  22. awesome stamping on the ribbon! lovely project, heidi! - vivian

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card. Love how you used the ribbons! t.igo

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an adorable little Easter Card. I loved the decorations and the use of the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...