Sunday, March 31, 2013

Life is short, eat more Cupcakes!

Hello everyone and Happy Easter!!  Today, I have a sparkling card and a tutorial to share with you using Scrap Happy Sheer Glue and You're So Fine Glitter Diamond Clear Cool Highlights.  


Here is the card that I designed to share with you.  It is SO sparkly!!  I have some close up pictures so you can see all of the details.  How many of you love to use glitter paper?  Did you know that you can make your own glitter paper?  


Making your own glitter paper is so easy--you will love it!  I stamped the frosting image from the S-102 Hey Cupcake! stamp set from The Rubber Cafe`.  I used Pink Lemonade cardstock from DiscountCardstock.com with Rose Bud Memento ink from Imagine Carfts/Tsukineko.  Then I used a makeup sponge to apply Scrap Happy Sheer Glue over the entire image.


Next I applied You're So Fine Glitter Diamond Clear Cool Highlights over the entire image using my fingers to rub in the glitter.  The glitter is ultra fine and once you rub and buff it, it almost had the look and feel of velvet.  


Then I stamped the bottom half of the cupcake on to pattern paper from-Carta Bella™ True Friends 6 x 6 Paper Pad.  I stamped the flower, colored it with Copic markers and fussy cut all of the pieces.


I also made some glittery pattern paper.  Follow the same instructions as mentioned above using a makeup sponge to apply the Scrap Happy Sheer Glue.


Here is a close up of the paper--check out all of the sparkle! 


I used S5-131 A2 Matting Basics AS5-132 A2 Matting Basics B and S5-156 Labels Twenty-Nine die templates to create all of the die cuts.  I added some pretty Celery Green Silk Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon and Diva Pink Jellie Dots from The Rubber Cafe` to embellish the card.


I hope you enjoyed the tutorial for making your own glitter paper!  If you give the glitter paper a try post a comment with a link--I would love to see it!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
The Rubber Cafe`:  S-102 Hey Cupcake!, You're So Fine Glitter Diamond Clear Cool Highlights, Scrap Happy Sheer Glue, Diva Pink Jellie Dots, Stick "EM" Up Tool
Paper:  DiscountCardstock.com Cascata Felt, Pink Lemonade; Carta Bella™ True Friends 6 x 6 Paper Pad
Ink:  Imagine Carfts/Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Rose Bud; Copic Markers G14, RV06, R83
Dies:  Spellbinders Creative Arts™ Grand Calibur® Machine, S5-131 A2 Matting Basics A, S5-132 A2 Matting Basics B, S5-156 Labels Twenty-Nine
Accessories:  Really Reasonable Ribbon Celery Green Silk Ribbon

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...