Saturday, January 17, 2015

ButterBeeScraps Angel Wing Necklace

Hello everyone!  Today, I have a jewelry piece to share with you using some of the ButterBeeScraps findings and filigrees.


Here is the necklace that I designed.  I used two of the Bronze Wing Charms (Item #J327-B) with a small Bronze Flower Connector in the center and then created bead dangles to hang from the connector.  The wings already have a hole in them at the base but I needed to make another hole in the top of each wing to create the necklace so I used a tool called a screw hole punch.


If you have never seen a screw hole punch this is what it looks like.  You just place the metal piece inside the slot and turn the handle until it create the hole.  You can feel this as you are turning the tool.  Then you just unscrew the handle and it will release the metal piece.  The red arrows so where I made the holes at the top of the wings.  These tools can be found a most craft stores in the jewelry/bead area.


Here is another look at the tool and as you can see it has two different sizes so you can create the size hole you need.


Next I applied Patina Rub 'n Buff to the wings.  The Rub 'n Buff is kind of creamy and you just rub it onto the metal and let it sit for a few seconds and then take a paper towel or a clean cloth and buff off the excess or until you get a look you like.  If you buff off too much you can always apply more and do it again.  I set the wings aside for about 20 minutes and then I applied a clear coat metal sealer.





To finish off the necklace I Bronze Chain (Item #CH206-B) and then added a lobster clasp.

I hope you like the jewelry piece for today and thank you so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a fantastic weekend and do something creative!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi



Supplies
ButterBeeScraps:  Bronze Wing Charms (Item #J327-B)Clear Rhinestone Rondelle Spacer Beads - 6mm (Item #BD006-B/CL)Bronze Filigree Embellishment-flower bead cap (Item #CAP041-B)Bronze Filigree Bead Caps (Item #CAP052-B)Bronze Ball End Head Pins, Bronze Flower Connector, Bronze Chain (Item #CH206-B)
Other Supplies
Glass Beads, Lobster Clasp, Bronze Jump Rings, Rub-N-Buff Patina, Clear Metal Sealer
Tools
Round Nose Pliers, Bent Nose Pliers, Flush Cutters, Screw Hole Punch

10 comments:

  1. Stunning piece! Definitely need to look for that screw hole punch! Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous with mixing of blue, lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Heidi! I can see wearing this to an elegant dinner or a women's tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. You did a wonderful job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this piece. Every aspect is placed perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Heidi. I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it!! just absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...