Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Toby's Flower Window Sill Card - Tonic Studios

Hello everyone!  Today, I have a card to share with you using some of the dies from the New Pampered Pets collection from Tonic Studios.  I also used one of the Entwining Trellis dies and crepe paper so create some pretty flowers to cascade around the window sill.


Here is the card I designed.  To start I used white and kraft cardstock along with 1197E Toby's Sill Die Set and 1198E Harvey's Ledge Die Set (flowers) to die cut the window sill, curtains, vase of flowers and the kitty cat.  I used 419E Craft Tacky Glue 120 ml to adhere the white decorative part of the window sill and the kraft piece together.  Then I added Foam Squares to the window sill pieces to add some dimension.  I also added vintage lace behind the die cut curtains.


Here is a picture to show you how I lined up the dies on the paper.  I put each of the smaller dies in the corners and used a piece of painters tape to hold the dies in place.  By doing this it will create equal space for the die cut lines in the window sill.  Then I used the Tangerine Die Cutting Machine to die cut the images.


To finish off the window sill I die cut the curtain a second time.  In this picture you can see the equal space for the lines in the window sill as I mentioned earlier.


Here is a close up of the curtains where I added the vintage lace.  For the background rectangle die cut piece I used some paper from Graphic 45 Mon Amour 6 x 6 Paper Pad.


I used Copic markers to color the kitty cat and the flowers in the vase.  I added some adhesive from the 204 NUVO Glue Pen Large to the vase and let it sit for a couple of minutes.  Then I applied 850N Gilding Flakes - Radiant Gold to the vase.  I used 419E Craft Tacky Glue 120 ml to adhere the vase and kitty cat inside the window sill.


For the foliage I used the 1187E Rococo Love Cats Die along with green cardstock to create the leaves.  I die cut the image a couple of times and then just sniped off the leaves I needed to create the cascade along the side of the window.  To create the flowers I used pink crepe paper and 769E Entwining Trellis Plush Peony Die Set.  To lightly color the tips of the flowers I used a makeup brush and Distress Ink Picked Raspberry.  Then I squeezed out some of the 758N US Glitter Drops - White Blizzard and used the makeup brush to lightly apply the glitter drops to the flowers for a bit of sparkle.  I also scattered a few white 4mm flat back pearls in with the cascade of flowers.


I adhered all of the die cut pieces to a light blue A2 top folding card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a beautiful and creative day!


Tonic Studios Supplies
Dies:  1197E Toby's Sill Die Set, 1198E Harvey's Ledge Die Set (flowers), 1187E Rococo Love Cats Dies (leaves), 769E Entwining Trellis Plush Peony Die Set
Accessories:  NUVO - 850N Gilding Flakes - Radiant Gold, 758N US Glitter Drops - White Blizzard
Adhesive:  NUVO - 204 NUVO Glue Pen Large, 419E Craft Tacky Glue 120 ml
Tools:  Tangerine Die Cutting Machine, 604E  153 US Super Trimmer, 550E 114E US Kushgrip Decoupage Scissors,

Other Supplies Used
Paper:  Graphic 45 Mon Amour 6 x 6 Paper Pad, Cardstock - White, Kraft, Green, Blue, Crepe Paper - Light Pink
Inks/Markers:  Distress Ink Picked Raspberry, Copic Markers - R83, R85, G21, G24, E15, G29
Ribbon/Trims:  Vintage Ivory Lace
Accessories:  White 4mm Flat Back Pearls, Brushes, Foam Squares

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, makes me think of the saying 'there's no place like home!'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...