Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Weekend

Saturday was so much fun!! One of my friends (Peggy) who is a CTMH consultant had a stamp & scrap camp. It was such a nice and relaxing day with a lot of fun! It was really nice to be on the other side of things and just be able to go and enjoy myself. No prep work-lol!! Don't get me wrong I love doing classes but it is nice to get a break too. She had some make-n-takes and then we each had our own table to be able to work on our own stuff. She made a great lunch and we had snacks too. I even won some goodies! I was going to post a couple of pictures of cards I made but the batteries from the camera needed to charge--I will have to add the pictures in the morning. *The batteries are charged and ready to go!*

Here are two of the cards that we did for the make-n-takes.
This was a fun card to make! Peggy showed us how you can use a scoring blade with your cutter to make a grid on your CS. Then you sand the paper so the white core shows through. I love the CS with the white core!! This is a great birthday card for the fall.Here is the 2nd card that we made. I love the simplicity of this card! It is so crisp looking.
All supplies and materials for the above cards~CTMH

Here are a couple of cards that I worked on.
For the most part I like this card but I still think it needs a little something. Maybe a sentiment on the front? I don't know what do you think? For the flower sprig I colored the rubber on the stamp with markers and then lightly misted the stamp with water, stamped off and then stamped onto the CS. I think it gives it a nice watercolor look. My Mom had asked me to do some sympathy cards and I was thinking if I move the flower to the left and then stamp With Sympathy in the lower right corner these would make a nice sympathy card for a woman. Maybe add some brads too. I guess I'll have to play around with it a little more. *wink*
Supplies~
CS~Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant (SU)
Stamp~Garden Silhouettes (SU)
Ink~Versa Mark (SU)
Markers~Lovely Lilac, Ballet Blue, Garden Green (SU)
Other~White EP (SU)

Here is another card that I made. I wish I could get a better picture of it! I used perfect pearls on it and I'm not sure how many pictures I took but it just wasn't showing up! To achieve the background I used several different colors of ink for the watercolor.
Supplies~
CS~Only Orange, Water Color Paper (SU)
Stamps~Sentiment (CTMH), Maple Leaf Lg, Face of Uncle Enos SM (River City Rubber Works)
Inks~Black Stazon, Versa Mark, Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke (SU)
Marker~Chocolate Chip (SU)
Other~Mat Pack and Piercing Tool (SU), Perfect Pearls Copper (Ranger), Brads (CTMH), Fiber (My Stash)

Today wasn't the greatest, I spent most of the day in bed. I woke up with a migraine and it just wouldn't go away!! I got up and started getting ready for church but it just kept getting worse. So Eric took the boys to church and I went back to bed. I couldn't believe it when I woke up I thought maybe it was around noon, it was almost 4 o'clock!! I couldn't believe I slept that long!!! Even though I slept that long the migraine was still hanging on!! It wasn't until about 8-8:30 it went away. I haven't had one that bad in a long time.

Other than that not too much has been going on around here. Just getting ready to start another week. Both of the boys had a really great 1st week of school!

Hope you all have a really great week and thanks so much for stopping by!
Smiles~
Heidi

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a terrible Migraine. Maybe you really needed the sleep. How nice that Eric left you sleeping for so long.

    Glad you had a good time stamping at someone else's house for once!It's nice to not have to do all the work, right? *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sencond and the third card, just beautiful :)! I haven't tried that technique you used for card #3 yet, going to this weekend I thinkn :D! Hope you are feeling better, I too suffer from Migranes especially if I don't get enough sleep. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...