Friday, July 28, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Cornflower No Line Watercolor Card

Hello everyone and Happy Friday!  I am back to share my second card for the New 2017 Summer Release for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  If you have missed any of the days and would like to see what the designers have been creating click HERE to visit the Stamp Simply Blog.


For my second card I used the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Thank You for Caring Cornflower and the coordinating die set Cornflower SS-DIE004.


I started by creating the background for the card using the Mini Ink Blending Tools and - Fossilized AmberWorn Lipstick, and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide Inks.


Next, I used painter's tape to tape the Tim Holtz Flourish Layering Stencil on top of the blended ink background paper.  I applied the same colors of ink with the stencil to give a tone on tone look.


For the stamped image I wanted to try my hand at no line watercolor.  I stamped the image of the cornflower with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Antique Linen.  If you are doing no line watercolor you will want to stamp the image in a very light color ink.  Then, when you apply the color the stamped lines will blend in and pretty much disappear.


I used the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks - Fossilized AmberWorn LipstickSpiced MarmaladeCracked PistachioBroken ChinaWalnut Stain to watercolor the image.  Like I said this is my first attempt at the no line watercolor and I will say it does take a bit longer to do but I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  If you want to speed up the process you can use a heat tool to dry the paper.


I used the Stamp Simply Steel Dies - Cornflower SS-DIE004 to die cut the flower.


Here is a close up of the flower.  You can click the image to enlarge it and see even more detail.  I stamped a sentiment in the upper left corner of the background.  I trimmed the background piece down so some of the white card base would show on each side of the card.


I added some Mimosa Yellow Seam Binding with a bow and then I added a Petaloo Botanica Collection White Baby Blooms to the center of the bow.  I also added a few My Mind's Eye Record It! Follow Your Heart Enamel Dots for embellishments.


To finish off the card I added the background piece to a white A2 top folding card base.

I hope you enjoyed both of the cards I shared today.   Don't forget to check out the Stamp Simply Blog and all of the supplies used on my cards can be found at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps: Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Thank You for Caring Cornflower
Paper:  Ranger - Watercolor, Cardstock - White
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Antique LinenTim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks - Fossilized AmberWorn LipstickSpiced MarmaladeCracked PistachioBroken ChinaWalnut StainMemento Tuxedo Black Ink
Dies:  Stamp Simply Steel Dies - Cornflower SS-DIE004
Ribbon:  Mimosa Yellow Seam Binding
Accessories:  Tim Holtz Flourish Layering Stencil, Petaloo Botanica Collection White Baby Blooms, My Mind's Eye Record It! Follow Your Heart Enamel DotsWaterbrushRanger - Mini Ink Blending ToolsScrapbook Adhesives by 3L - Foam Tape , E-Z Runner, Heat Tool, Painter's Tape

1 comment:

  1. beautiful cards Heidi. and the backgrounds are amazing....as always!(gail)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...