Friday, July 21, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Give Thanks Card with Ink Smooshing Technique

Hello everyone!  I can't believe we are already over half way through the month of July!  It won't be long and Fall will be here before we know it.  Isn't it funny when we are little time seems like forever and then we get older and it just seems to fly by.  I guess it's never too early to get busy in the studio/craft room and start creating for the next season or holiday.  Today, I have a Fall card to share with you and a tutorial for ink smooshing (a very technical term lol) with a piece of acetate.


Here is a look at the card I designed.  Oh and check out the leaf and acorns.  The stamp set Give Thanks SS-009 from the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps was a release from last year but now there are coordinating dies for the stamp set so that is really cool.  No more fussy cutting.  :) 


Now I know it is hard to see in the photo but there is a piece of acetate where the ink is.  I smooshed down the corners of the ink pads to apply ink to the piece of acetate.  For my card I am using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks - Peeled PaintSpiced MarmaladeVintage Photo, and Walnut Stain.  Then lightly mist the ink with water using the Distress Sprayer.


Carefully pick up the piece of acetate, turn it over, and smoosh it down onto a piece of Ranger Watercolor Paper.  Use a heat tool to dry the paper and repeat the ink smooshing until you reach the desired look.  You can wipe off the piece of acetate, add more ink, mist and smoosh it onto the paper as needed.  I did about 4 layers of ink on my paper.


Next, I used the Distress Sprayer to add water droplets on my paper.  I let the water sit on the paper for a few seconds and then use a paper towel to blot up the water.  I used the heat tool to dry the paper again.


Here is a look at the paper after adding the water droplets.


I want to add some heat embossing the the paper so I made sure it was good and dry and then I used the EK Success Powder Tool.  This is a great little tool that adds a small amount of powder to your paper and helps so you will only have embossing powder where you want it.  


I used VersaMark Ink to stamp the leaf and the acorn from the Give Thanks SS-009 stamp set onto the watercolor background and then added Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder and used a heat tool to melt and heat set the powder.


I used the new Stamp Simply Steel Dies Give Thanks SS-DIE005 to die cut the leaves and acorn.  I have a few extra die cuts and I'll save those for another card.


For the card front I  am using a piece of ivory cardstock and I inked the outer edges of the paper with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks - Peeled Paint.


I cut a piece of pattern paper from the Graphic 45 Vintage Hollywood 8 x 8 paper pad.  Then I inked the outer edges of the paper with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks - Spiced Marmalade which is a perfect match to the paper.


I added the pattern paper to the bottom half of the card front.  Then I tied on a piece of  May Arts Brown Silk Ribbon and frayed the ends a little bit.  I added some Foam Tape to the back of the leaf and one of the acorns for some dimension.  I added some KaiserCraft Chocolate Pearls to embellish the card.  THEN...   ...well I am sure we have all been there when we look at our card and think---just one more thing.  Yes, this is that card.  I should have stopped where I was at but I got a little ahead of myself and I wanted to add some shimmer.  So I added Zig Wink of Stella Gold Glitter Brush Pen to the leaf and the acorns.  I knew within the first couple of strokes of the brush I should have held back lol.  But there was no turning back and I had to commit to it.  Adding the  Zig Wink of Stella reactivated the inks.  So I lost some of the pretty vibrant colors.  But on the upside there is lots of sparkle.  :)


To finish off the card I added the card front to a brown A2 top folding card base.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and tutorial for ink smooshing.  If you have any of the stamp sets from the last Fall release or if you are looking for some new stamps and dies check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for the stamp sets and the new coordinating dies.  If you would like to see more card inspiration I encourage you to check out the Stamp Simply Blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps Give Thanks SS-009
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor Paper, Graphic 45 Vintage Hollywood, Cardstock - Brown Ivory
Ink/Pens:  Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks - Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, VersaMark Ink, Zig Wink of Stella Gold Glitter Brush Pen
Dies:  Stamp Simply Steel Dies Give Thanks SS-DIE005
Ribbon:  May Arts Brown Silk Ribbon
Accessories:  Distress Sprayer, EK Success Powder Tool, Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder, KaiserCraft Chocolate Pearls, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Runner, Foam Tape, Heat Tool

1 comment:

  1. WOW, what a lovely card Heidi. (I wish I had the Oxides, they are beautiful.) The sentiment you used is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...