Friday, August 4, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Watercolor Coneflower Card

Hello everyone and happy Friday!  Did you follow along last week with the New Releases from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store?  The release included two beautiful stamp sets for Fall and  coordinating die set.  In addition to those there are New Die Releases that coordinate with all of the stamp releases that have images to color.


For my card I used the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Thank You for Caring Coneflower SS-019.  I stamped the flower image on to Ranger - Watercolor paper using VersaMark Ink.  Then, I sprinkled on Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder and used a heat tool to melt and heat set the powder.  


All of the watercolor was done using the Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  For the center of the flower I used Fossilized Amber and for the petals  Hickory Smoke.  Whenever you want to have white flowers you will need to do the shading in gray colors.  I know it might sound strange but the gray actually makes the flower appear white and really makes it pop.  For the stem and leaves I used Twisted CitronMowed Lawn, and Peeled Paint.  The background was done using Faded Jeans and Stormy Sky.  Then I used the heat tool to speed up the drying time on the paper.  To finish the background I used Black Soot and added paint splatters.  Then I dried the paper one more time and added water droplets.  I trimmed the watercolor paper down and added a black mat.  I used Foam Tape behind the watercolor piece to add some dimension.  The background paper is from the Wild Rose Studio - Dancing Daisies.  I added May Arts 5/8" Solid Plaid Olive Ribbon and My Mind's Eye Record It Charmed Enamel Dots.  


To finish off the card I added the card front to a black A2 top folding card.  This is a really quick and easy watercolor card with no special techniques so it would be a great card to make multiples of.

I hope you enjoyed today's card share.  If you missed seeing the New Release last week I encourage you to visit the Stamp Simply Blog for lots of inspiration.  If you are looking for any paper crafting goodies be sure to check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Thank You for Caring Coneflower SS-019
Paper:  Wild Rose Studio - Dancing Daisies, Ranger - Watercolor, Cardstock - Black
Ink:  VersaMark Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink -Fossilized Amber, Hickory Smoke, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Black Soot
Ribbon: May Arts 5/8" Solid Plaid Olive Ribbon
Accessories:  Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder, My Mind's Eye Record It Charmed Enamel Dots, Waterbrush, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Tape, E-Z Runner, Heat Tool

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully created with all the pretty details, I am 'itching'to give this a try!!
    {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cornflower card and you have really made it pretty and it really stands out. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...