Friday, July 14, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Altenew Dahlia Birthday Wishes Watercolor with Distress Oxide Inks

Hello and happy Friday!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I have a watercolor card to share with you using some of the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks.


Here is the card I designed.  I also did the masking technique on my card.  The floral stamps I used are from Altenew Dahlia Blossoms and the sentiment is from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps Birthday Blessings SS-Sent003.


I know it's a little hard to see the stamping and right now it looks like a hot mess but I promise it will get better lol.  All of the stamping was done using a VersaMark Ink pad and then heat embossed using Ranger Super Fine Embossing Powder - White.  You can click on the picture to enlarge it and see more details.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks Broken China and Faded Jeans to watercolor the background.  I used a heat tool to dry the paper and then I added water droplets with the Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer.  You will see this in the photo below.


Before I started to watercolor the flowers I used a paper towel to blot up the water droplets on the background and then I used a heat tool to dry the paper again.  I love the look the water droplets adds the the background.  For the flowers I used Distress Oxide Inks Worn Lipstick and Fossilized Amber.  Before I added the color I added clean water to each flower.  Doing this helps the color to blend and flow when it is put on the paper.


For the leaves I used three colors of the Distress Oxide Inks Cracked PistachioPeeled Paint and Broken China,  When the Peeled Paint ink was watered down it was a pretty yellow/green and then I mixed the Cracked Pistachio and Broken China to get a nice blue/green.


I used the Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen to add some shimmer to all of the flowers and leaves.  Be sure to scribble off the pen on some scratch paper in between colors and before you put it away to clean the brush tip.


To finish off the card I stamped the sentiment from the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps Birthday Blessings SS-Sent003 using VersaMark Ink.  Then I heat embossed it using Ranger Super Fine Embossing Powder - White and my heat tool.  Then I backed the card front with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Tape.  I added the card front to a white A2 top folding card base.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed the card share and some pictures of the process.  If you would like to see more inspiration from the design team hop on over the Stamp Simply Blog.  Also, check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of the supplies used on my card.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi 


Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps Birthday Blessings SS-Sent003, Altenew Dahlia Blossoms
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor (smooth side), Cardstock - White
Ink/Pens:  Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks Worn Lipstick, Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Faded Jeans, VersaMark Ink, Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
Accessories:  Ranger Super Fine Embossing Powder - White, EK Success Powder Tool, Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Tape, Paint Brush, Heat Tool

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Another stunning card. The color combination is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Heidi, this is really beautiful Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had me at the first photo of your tutorial.... love that background! (gail)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...