Hello blogging friends! Today, I have some exciting news that I can finally share! If you follow me on Facebook then you already know but I also wanted to share the news here on my blog. I am so very excited to share that I am a Tonic Studios USA Blog Ambassador!! I am so honored to be able to design for Tonic Studios! They are a fantastic company and have so many beautiful products including--dies, punches, tools and cutters (the Tim Holtz tools!), glitters, paints and so much more!!
You can click HERE to check out the official announcement. :)
I also have a project to share with you using some of the fabulous Tonic Studio dies. I designed a star shaker tag using the 643E Star Bauble Die Set . You might have seen this posted on the Tonic Gold Blog but I also wanted to share it here. I know this tag might look like a lot of work but honestly the dies do most of the work for you lol. It just a matter of making the die cuts and then layering the pieces together.
1. Die cut the large fancy star with the center inset star die from gold foil paper.
2. Die cut the straight edge star with acetate.
3. Die cut the star ornament piece twice–once from gold foil paper and once from white craft foam. Then fussy cut and make a couple of snips to remove the center stars from the ornament pieces leaving just the frame of the largest star.
4. To assemble use Craft-Tacky Glue–start by gluing the acetate to the back of the gold ornament piece. Then adhere the white craft foam ornament piece. Set aside and let glue dry.
5. Add sequins. Use the star die cut that was the drop out piece from the fancy star (gold foil star), flip to the backside (white) and adhere to the back of the shaker. Set aside and let glue dry before shaking the sequins.
6. To finish adhere fancy star die cut to the front.
7. Add red seam binding and gold metallic string to attach to gift bag. This could also be used as a Christmas ornament!
Here is a look at the shaker tag on the gift bag. It really dresses up a simple kraft paper gift bag! I also added some Lipstick Red Seam Binding and May Arts - Metallic Gold String. I used the 419E Craft Tacky Glue 120ml to adhere all of the pieces together. I have to tell you on the bottle of glue it says--extra fine precision tip--it really truly is! There is a tiny pin hole in the tip and it is prefect for adding glue to very detailed die cuts. Also, I have been using this glue for a while now and I haven't had any problems with the tip getting clogged up so that is another plus! I used a mix of sequins from Cartwright Sequins to fill the star shaker. One key thing to making shaker tags or cards -- don't overfill with sequins. If you add too many sequins they won't be able to move around and when you go to shake the tag or card you won't have any movement. Sometimes less is more. :)
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!
Hugs & Smiles,
Paper: DCWV - Gold Foil Paper
Accessories: Tonic Studios - 419E Craft Tacky Glue 120ml, Craft Foam, Acetate, Cartwright Sequins, Kraft Gift Bag