Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Stamp Simpply Ribbon Store - Distressed Watercolor Shabby Chic Leaves

Hello blogging friends!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I have card that is perfect for Autumn to share with you. 


I have a little tutorial to show you how I achieved the background for the card.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to create a watercolor background and then I did some over stamping of the same images with DecoArt Metallic Lustre Gold Rush to add some gold shimmer to the background.




Then I used a paint brush and water and to go over the inside part of the leaf images.  Doing this activates the inks and they become like watercolor.  I did one color at a time and made sure to clean my brush in between colors.


For this next part I forgot to take a close up picture of the paper when I was creating the card but you can see a little bit of the paper off to the side.  After I colored all of the leaves I came back in and added more water in the white spaces on the paper.  I went in to the edges of the leaves with the water, doing this reactivated the inks and then I left the colors blend and flow together for a nice soft watercolor look.  I used a heat tool to dry the paper.  Next I used my finger to apply DecoArt Metallic Lustre Gold Rush to the stamp.  I added a tiny bit of water to thin out the DecoArt Metallic Lustre Gold Rush and then I stamped the leaf images on top of where the colored images where but I slightly offset the images.


This is the background after it was done.  You can see all the pretty shimmer from the DecoArt Metallic Lustre Gold Rush.  *Note--just be sure to clean your stamps right away! :)




These are some close ups so you can see the gold shimmer.  


To finish off the card I stamped one of the leaves and the word Autumn using StazOn Jet Black Ink.  I added some May Arts 1.5" Sheer Wrinkled Edge Antique Gold and a few Simple Stories I AM Enamel Dots in black.  Then I added the card front to a green card base for an A2 size card.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! 


Please be sure to check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of the fantastic paper crafting products and the Blog for inspiration from the Design Team.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi



Stamps:  JustRite Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves Clear Stamps
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor Paper, Cardstock-Green
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Aged Mahogany, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint; StazOn Jet Black Ink
Ribbon:  May Arts 1.5" Sheer Wrinkled Edge Antique Gold
Accessories:  DecoArt Metallic Lustre Gold Rush, Simple Stories I AM Enamel Dots, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Stickers

2 comments:

  1. Well this Distress Ink technique is fabulously bright and pretty. Fall is coming and this is my favorite time of the year because of the colors. I love how you put it all together with the gold rub. I have some VivaDecor rub that I will try to see if it gives me the same outcome. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card Heidi. could you elaborate on the lustre gold rush please. is it a powder,cream,paste, or what? I clicked on it and saw the purchase page. but no description. have you used it on your other projects? whatever it is, it sure looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...