Tuesday, August 11, 2015

DecoArt Metallic Lustre - Projects - Q & A

Hello blogging friends!  In a couple of recent posts I used a new product (well at least new to me) DecoArt Metallic Lustre and I have had some question about the product.  What does it look like--how to apply it--and what can it be used for???  So I thought I would do a blog post to share with you the projects I have done (in case you missed them) and to also try and answer the questions.


This is what the DecoArt Metallic Lustre looks like in the packaging and it comes in a variety of colors.  It comes in a tub like container with a twist off lid.


This is what the DecoArt Metallic Lustre actually looks like in the container.  It is soft and easy to apply with your fingers.  The consistency is kind of like a thick body butter.  You can apply it with your finger, a sponge or even a paint brush.  If using a paint brush I would add just a tiny bit of water to the brush so it will be smother and easy to apply.


Here you can see what the DecoArt Metallic Lustre looks like with and without water added to it.  


You can also add it to metal!  This is a metal filigree piece from ButterBeeScraps.  I applied it right from the container with my finger and used a paper towel to buff off the excess.  Then I sprayed a light coat of Krylon Crystal Clear to seal it.


Here you can see the difference in the two metal filigree pieces.  The DecoArt Metallic Lustre is kind of like Rub-N-Buff but a lot less odor and it washed off easily with soap and water.


Here is the first card that I used the DecoArt Metallic Lustre on.  You can click HERE to see the original blog post.  On this card I rubbed the DecoArt Metallic Lustre on to the embossed areas of the paper.  Something to note about using this product on the paper---you will have to set it aside and wait for it to dry (just a few minutes) or heat set with a heat tool.  I have also been asked once it is dry if it will rub off.  For the most part the answer is No it won't rub off if you are just touching the card,  However if you rub pretty hard on the area then yes you will get a little (very tiny amount) of the shimmer on your fingers.  If this is something you are worried about you could lightly spray it with hairspray to seal it.  But if you are using the DecoArt Metallic Lustre on a scrapbook layout then I would suggest using an archival sealer.


Here is the second card I designed using the DecoArt Metallic Lustre.  On this card I added a little water to the DecoArt Metallic Lustre and used it to stamp on top of the watercolor.  You can click HERE for the original post.


Sharon, owner of The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store carries the DecoArt Metallic Lustre in her online store and it is available in six color choices.

I hope this has been helpful and I have been able to answer your questions.  If you have any other questions please leave them in the comment section or feel free to email me.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and Happy Crafting!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...