Thursday, February 10, 2011

JustRite Stampers - JustRite Cling - Adorable Dragon Valentine's Day Card

Hello! How is everyone in blog land today? I can't believe Valentine's Day is just around the corner! Today, I have a Valentine's Day card to share with you featuring a cute little girly dragon. ;-) I originally started out with the hopes of a boy dragon but the more I colored the more SHE came to life--LOL! Oh, and then I added some glitter and what can I say--she's a cute little girly dragon.I started by stamping the image of the dragon on to Simply Smooth White cardstock using Rich Cocoa ink. The image of the dragon is from the JustRite Cling stamp set from JustRite Stampers CL-02060 Adorable Dragon. This stamp set includes four images and seven sentiments for a total of 11 stamps in the set.Next I colored the image with Copic markers.
I cut/embossed a square die cut using the Grand Calibur™ and LF-126 Grand Squares #1 from Spellbinders™. I left the paper in the die templates and used it as a stencil and then I stamped the image of the dragon on to a piece of scrap paper and hand cut the image to make a mask for covering the colored image. I placed the mask on top of the colored image and used Copic markers to airbrush. Here is a photo once the die template and mask were removed.Here is a close up of the dragon on the card front all sparkly and glittered up.
The Be Mine sentiment is also from the JustRite Cling CL-02060 Adorable Dragon stamp set. I used Rich Cocoa ink and Simply Smooth White cardstock. I cut/embossed the banner using the Grand Calibur™ and S4-324 Ribbon Banners. Here is a close up of the banner. I also airbrushed the banner before removing from the die template. I edged the banner with glitter and added rhinestone flowers. To create the pink glittery heart I cut PolyShrink using S4-137 Classic Scalloped Heart #6 and the Grand Calibur™. I heat set the Polyshrink and then covered it with Cotton Candy Stickles. To create the yellow mat I used Core'dinations paper, LF-126 Grand Squares #2 and the Grand Calibur™. For the card base I cut/embossed Blue Core'dinations paper using LF-Grand Scalloped Squares #2 and the Grand Calibur™. Then I added glitter around the edges. I used 3D Foam Squares from SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L™ to pop up the heart and banner.

Supplies
Stamps: JustRite Stampers JustRite Cling CL-02060 Adorable Dragon
Paper: Discount Card Stock Simply Smooth White; Core'dinations Blue, Yellow
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Copic Markers G03, G14, G40, YG00, BG72
Dies & Punches: Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur™, S4-324 Ribbon Banners, LF-126 Grand Squares #1, #2, LF-Grand Scalloped Squares #2, S4-137 Classic Scalloped Heart #6
Accessories: Lucky Squirrel White Polyshrink; Kaiser Craft Rhinestone Flower; Joann's Glitter, 2-way Glue Pen; Ranger Cotton Candy Stickles; SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3LMyStik™ Permanent Strips Dispenser, 3D Foam Squares

Be sure to check out the JustRite Blog and the Gallery---they both have so many beautiful projects to inspire you! Also select "CLING" merchandise is now 25% Off!! Thank you so much for stopping by today!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

4 comments:

  1. Well, he/she is adorable! Wonderful job on the coloring :) UGH - another die (Ribbon Banner) on my list!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, up there, Margie...
    I agree she is totally adorable. That stamp is too much fun. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Reminds of of my favorite childhood movie.... Puff the Magic Dragon!! LOVE LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, that's darling! Love the way you colored this sweet dragon.

    Thanks for giving me shakes. LOL I already want the new Spellbinders dies so bad I can taste it. You making sweet cards with them doesn't help my affliction. NEED new dies. LOL
    Hugs and grins

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...