Monday, February 28, 2011

Crafty Secrets DT Challenge (Party Theme Inspiration)

Good morning! Today is the Crafty Secrets "Party" Theme DT Challenge. I designed a sweet little ensemble for a tea party.I created a a place mat, a place card and a card that could be sent for an invite to a tea party. For the place mat I started with a piece of 8 x 8 white cardstock and randomly stamped the rose image from the Roses Clear Art Stamps from Crafty Secrets using Rich Cocoa ink. Then I colored the roses and leaves using Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Shabby Shutters, Forest Moss and Antique Linen Distress Inks. Then I added a border using S5-040 Floral Doily Accents from Spellbinders and then I added Diamond Stickles to all of the roses. For the place card I used an image from Love Mail Creative Scraps from Crafty Secrets and the Roses Clear Art Stamp. I distressed the edges of the image and added Diamond Stickles to the flowers on the image. Then to create the rose I stamped the image three times, inked it to add color and then hand cut the flower making the center piece smaller. I layered the flower and then added Diamond stickles. I used S4-328 Foliage from Spellbinders to create the leaves for the rose. Next I cut/embossed a tag using S5-030 Fancy Tags Two, inked the edges and then added Fancy Tags Two Pink Pearl Nestabling from Want2 Scrap. I also edged the tag with stickles.Here is a close up of the place card.For the card I used another image from the Love Mail Creative Scraps. I love the images on the Love Mail Creative Scraps they are SO beautiful!! I distressed and inked the edges with Antique Linen and added stickles to the flowers. I stamped flourishes around the outer edges of the card using the Cherubs Clear Art Stamp from Crafty Secrets and added stickles. I used S4-312 Blossom Three to create the rolled rose and S4-328 Foliage from Spellbinders for the leaves. I added some rose ribbon trim and a antique gem trinket pin from Maya Road. I also added a little bow using hand tinted crinkle seam binding.

Supplies
Stamps: Crafty Secrets Roses Clear Art Stamps, Cherubs Clear Art Stamp
Paper: DCS Simply Smooth White, World Win Green
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa, Ranger Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Shabby Shutters, Forest Moss and Antique Linen Distress Inks
Dies: Spellbinders Grand Calibur S5-040 Floral Doily Accents, S4-328 Foliage, S4-312 Blossom Three, S5-030 Fancy Tags Two
Accessories: Crafty Secrets Love Mail Creative Scraps; Want2Scrap Fancy Tags Two Pink Pearl Nestabling; Maya Road Rose Ribbon Trim, Antique Gem Trinket Pin; Ranger Diamond Stickles; SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L 3D Foam Squares; Hand Tinted Seam Binding

Please be sure to take a little time and visit each of the Crafty Secrets Design Team Members to see what they created for their "party" theme.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a Fantastic day!!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

21 comments:

  1. Heidi -

    This is so elegant! I love your invitation and the place card. The placemat is genius! Who would dare turn down and invite to this tea party!!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!! OMW, this is so pretty Heidi.. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how pretty! your work is always amazing!
    miss you!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome, I love everything in this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and this put me in the mood to have a tea party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant! I love it. I drink my tea every day from a china cup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Heidi, great place mat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl you sooooooo pulled this one off!!! Love it, love it! Looks like it should be at a Afternoon Tea Room decor...love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely. So very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, Heidi! Love everything!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Heidi! Such an ingenious idea! Beautiful!

    xoxo
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - Heidi, your little tea ensemble is so pretty and elegant! The placemat is stunning and it goes so perfectly with our Love Mail Scraps, which is great to see them work so well in a project that isn't a love theme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh its so elegant !!!!! I like it !!!!
    Hugs Marlis

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just SOOOOO beautiful! And your flowers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome Heidi, I want to come to your tea party's! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this! What a great idea! It's so pretty! I wish I would have seen this a year ago when designing for my daughter's bridal shower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...