Friday, December 15, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Poinsettia Tea Cup Card

Hello everyone and happy Friday!  Today, I have a card to share with you using the NEW Stamp Simply Clear Stamp - Coffee or Tea? SS-023.  You might have seen a sneak peek of this card on the Stamp Simply Blog when Sharon announced the new releases.


Here is the card I designed.  This card could be used for Christmas or just as a thinking of you card through the winter months.  The stamp set is filled with several sentiments and verses.  The die set is a really fun one because it allows you to be able to build you cup.  There are two different sizes of the cups with matching handles, two little steam swirls, the words coffee and tea, and a tiny tag.  Some of the sentiments in the stamp set fit perfectly with the tiny tag.


To create the cup I die cut the cup two times.  Once using Wild Rose Studios - Birds & Berries and for the second one I used Gold Mirror Cardstock.  I also die cut the handle with the gold mirror cardstock.


I have a beautiful tea cup collection that was my Great Grandma's.  Several of the cups are edged in gold and I wanted to create the same look for my cup.  I cut the top and bottom of the gold die cut piece and then offset them and adhered them to the back of the pattern paper.


Here is a look at the cup once it was assembled.  I just love the gold accents and it reminds me of my Great Grandma's tea cup collection.


I die cut three of the little steam swirls from Vellum.  I adhered two to the back of the cup and then added the third swirl at the top.  I used glossy accents to adhere the steam swirls.  Since almost all adhesives show through vellum I added some Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen on top of the swirls and then added White Pearls to each of them to help cover up where the adhesive was showing.


Here is a close up of the cup.  I also added some of the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen to the flowers on the pattern paper.  I added more white pearls along the top of the cup.  I die cut one of the tiny tags using white cardstock and then stamped the sentiment using Tuxedo Black Ink.  I used a piece of May Arts Gold Metallic String to attach the tag to the handle on the cup.


The card is a white A2 top folding card base.  I used a couple more pieces of the pattern paper from the same collection to layer in the background.  Then I used Foam Tape to attach the cup to the front of the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed the card share.  If you would like to see more card inspiration I encourage you to check out the Stamp Simply Blog.  All of the supplies to create the card are listed and linked below and can be found at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and Happy Holidays!

Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamp - Coffee or Tea? SS-023
Paper:  Wild Rose Studios - Birds & Berries, Gold Mirror Cardstock, Vellum, Cardstock - White
Ink:  Tuxedo Black Ink
Dies:  Stamp Simply Steel Dies - Coffee or Tea? SS-DIE011
Ribbon:  May Arts Gold Metallic String
Accessories:  Melissa Frances White Pearls, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L EZ Runner, Foam Tape

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful Christmas teacup card! I love the extra touches you added with the pearls and gold!
    We'd love to have you link up to The House That Stamps Built Tic Tac Toe challenge this week. (Pearls, Christmas Gold)
    You can check out the challenge here: http://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/tic-tac-toe-challenges/tic-tac-toe-challenge-d1317

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...