Friday, December 8, 2017

Coffee Lovers Winter Blog Hop - The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Taste & See Christmas Coffee Card

Hello everyone and happy Friday!  Today, is the first day of the Coffee Lover Winter Blog Hop.  If you are a coffee or tea lover this is a fantastic blog hop filled with so many wonderful ideas for card makers.  The theme is Winter.  If you are interested in participating all of the details are below.  They have a ton of fantastic sponsors and giveaways too so I encourage you to check it out!  The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store is one of the Super Sponsors.



When: Friday, December 8 - Friday, December 15 
Time: 6 am pacific
THEME: WINTER 
USE: coffee, tea &/or cocoa images
#winter2017clh


Here is a look at the card I designed using the NEW Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Coffee or Tea? SS-023 stamp set and coordinating Stamp Simply Steel Dies - Coffee or Tea? SS-DIE011.  I also used some of the beautiful papers from Kaisercraft Letters to Santa.


Here is a look at the new stamp and die set.  The stamp set is filled with so many great sentiments and verses.  The die set is really fun because it allows you to build your cups.  So if you want to use different colors or patterns for the cup and the handle you can.  I think the font is so pretty on the word dies and I love the tiny tag too.  Also some of the sentiments are just the perfect size to fit in the tiny tag.


To start, I picked out the pattern paper for the cup and the handle.  The image of Santa is a punch out that is included in the paper pad.  I also took two strips of the red paper with the polk-a-dots that were 1/2" x 6 1/2" and scored the paper every 1/4".  Then I folded the paper and adhered the two ends.  This is the base for the rosette.  Position the paper so the polk-a-dot side is face up and then push towards to the center to create the rosette shape.  Add a bit of hot glue to hold in place.


Here you can see the coffee cup once it is assembled.  I used Delicata Golden Glitz Ink to ink all the edges of the coffee cup, handle, rosette, and image of Santa.  


Next, I wanted to stamp the sentiment in the upper corner of the pattern paper.  I used the EK Success powder tool the prep the area before doing the heat embossing.  Doing this assures you only end up with the embossing powder in the areas you want it.  I used the Tim Holtz Tonic Stamp Platform to stamp my sentiment and have perfect placement. 


I added Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder to the stamp sentiment and used a heat tool to melt and heat set the powder.


Here is a close up of the embossed sentiment on the card.  For the tiny little gold beaded pearls I added some Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen for some sparkle and then I added a drop of Ranger Glossy Accents on each of them.  I also used some of the My Mind's Eye Charmed Enamel Dots in gold for embellishments on the card.


Here is a look at the cup on the front of the card.  I also added some on the enamel dots along the bottom under the cup.



To finish off the card I added the card front to a white A2 top folding card base.

I hope you enjoyed today's card share and tutorial!  If you would like to see more card inspiration I encourage you to check out the Stamp Simply Blog.  All of the supplies to create the card are listed and linked below and can be found at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  Also, just as a friendly reminder there is still a sale in the store.

NEW RELEASE - Coffee or Tea?
CURRENT SPECIALS running with our NEW RELEASE:
$3.95 shipping on ALL US orders - this week only!
Our $3.00 Sale Bin is filled to overflowing - check it out for some GREAT deals!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Happy Creating and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Heidi


Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Coffee or Tea? SS-023
Paper:  Kaisercraft Letters to Santa, Cardstock - White
Ink/Pens:  VersaMark Ink, Delicata Golden Glitz Ink, Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
Dies:  Stamp Simply Steel Dies - Coffee or Tea? SS-DIE011
Accessories:  My Mind's Eye Charmed Enamel Dots, Ranger Glossy Accents, Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder, EK Success Powder Tool, Tim Holtz Tonic Stamp Platform, Heat Tool, Hot Glue

18 comments:

  1. Lovely Cards !!! Merry Christmas.
    Hugz,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I love the vintage looking Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very gorgeous and I love the vintage looking papers you used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sentiment in Gold
    and your DP is adorable too lovely Rosette added too
    sweet design
    see you maybe around
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely GORGEOUS. I just LOVE all your pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous with the Christmas cup, wood background and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage feel on this pretty creation, such gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow so pretty. love the vintage look and the touch of gold. very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and I really do think I need that cup die for sure... yup... I do...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Heidi! Love that cup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your touches of gold! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suc a beautiful Christmas cup, very festive!
    Makes a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card ~ has a wonderful vintage feel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...