Friday, November 24, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Peace On Earth Christmas Card

Hello and Happy Black Friday!  I hope you all had a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!  We had a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving with family and friends.  All of the food was so yummy!  Are you taking advantage of the Black Friday sales and braving the crowds?  My husband went out into the crowds and our oldest son and his girlfriend are hitting the sales at Mall of America--bright and early--5 am!  Not me, I stayed home lol.  Online shopping works for me--laptop, credit card, coffee and I'm good to go lol.  :)  Today, I have a Christmas card to share with you using some of the beautiful Wild Rose Studio pattern papers, embossing folder, and some inks.  Have you ever used a embossing folder with pattern paper?


Here is a look at the card I created.  The pattern paper is from the Wild Rose Studio - Birds & Berries collection.  The papers have so many pretty patterns and images.


I trimmed the paper down to fit the card front.  Then, I used the Darice Embossing Folder Pine Branches in Corner to emboss the pattern paper.  The paper and embossing folder are a perfect match!


I wanted to add some color to the embossed areas so it would really pop.  I picked out some of the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink to match the paper.  I used the mini ink blending tools to apply the ink.  I used Lucky CloverPeeled PaintVintage Photo, and Salty Ocean.  I love how the inks match so perfectly and the embossed areas totally change the look of the paper.


The sentiment is from the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Merry Christmas SS-011 set.  I used VersaMark Ink to stamp onto black cardstock and then I heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder.  I added some foam tape on the backside of the sentiment.  I also went over the embossed areas and all of the images with the Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen for some shimmer.  I also squeezed out a little of the Wink of Stella and added some water to it and then tapped the brush over the paper adding more shimmer over the entire card from.  You click on the image to enlarge it and see more shimmer.  


Here is a close up of the little bird and the embossed area.


To finish off the card I added a few drops of Ranger Glossy Accents and sprinkled on some Stampendous Crystal Glitter Multi Ultra Fine.  The card base is a white A2 top folding card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed the card and tutorial.  If you would like to see more card inspiration I encourage you to visit the Stamp Simply Blog.  All of the supplies to create the card are listed and linked below and can be found at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

If you braved the crowds for Black Friday I hope you found some amazing deals!

Happy Holiday!
Heidi



Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Merry Christmas SS-011
Paper:  Wild Rose Studio - Birds & Berries, Cardstock - White, Black
Ink:  VersaMark Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Lucky Clover, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Salty Ocean
Accessories:  Darice Embossing Folder Pine Branches in Corner, Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder, Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen, Stampendous Crystal Glitter Multi Ultra Fine, Ranger Glossy Accents, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L EZ Runner, Foam Tape

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...