Friday, October 20, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Merry Christmas Watercolor Card with Distress Oxide Inks

Hello everyone!  Today, I have a Christmas card to share with you using one of the New stamp sets from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - O Christmas Tree SS-021.  This is a beautiful stamp set with three different Christmas trees and several sentiments.


Here is a look at the card I designed.  I did some masking of the trees, heat embossing and watercolor with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks.


To start I prepped my paper with the EK Success Powder Tool.  Then I stamped the tree on to the center of the Ranger Watercolor paper with VersaMark Ink.  Next, sprinkle on some of the Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder and then use a heat tool to melt the powder.  I stamped the image of the tree on to a piece of Inkadinkado Stamping Mask Sheet and then I fussy cut the tree.  I didn't do a detailed cut on the mask since it was branches and pine needle.  I figured the stamped images would kind of blend together.


Here is a close up of the gold heat embossing.


I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks to do the watercolor.  I used Cracked Pistachio and Lucky Clover for the tree.  For the sky I used Peacock FeathersSalty Ocean, and Faded Jeans.  I did a few layers of the watercolor and dried the paper with a heat tool in between the layers of color.  Then, I flicked clean water on to the sky and used a paper towel to blot up the excess water.  I love the look of the water droplets.  Next, I squeezed out a little of the shimmery fluid from a Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen and added some water and then flicked that on to the paper.  It's hard to get a good photo but IRL the sky is so shimmery.  I heat set the paper again to make sure it was good and dry and then I heat embossed the sentiment on the top of the card front.


Here is a close up of the trees.  I added Ranger Glossy Accents and Ranger Distress Stickles - Rock Candy to the areas of snow on the trees.


I trimmed down the watercolor piece and added Foam Tape to the backside.  Then I added the panel to a white A2 top folding card base.  The watercolor on this card was very quick and easy---no techniques---just dropping in the color.  So it would be an easy card to mass produce for Christmas.

I hope you enjoyed today's card share.  If you would like to see more card inspiration I encourage you to visit the Stamp Simply Blog.  All supplies used to create this card can be found at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - O Christmas Tree SS-021
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor, Cardstock - White
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks - Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, VersaMark Ink, Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
Accessories:  Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder, Ranger Distress Stickles - Rock Candy, Ranger Glossy Accents, EK Success Powder Tool, Inkadinkado Stamping Mask Sheets, Scrapbook Adehsives by 3L Foam Tape, Paint Brush, Heat Tool, 

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! beee-eau-tiful !! love your work Heidi. (gail)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...