Friday, June 16, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Make a Wish Shaker Card

Hello everyone!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and I have a fun and sparkly shaker card to share with you.


This is a pretty quick and easy shaker card to create and this could be used with many different dies and paper collections.  All of the pattern paper is from the Simple Stories Enchanted 6 x 6 Paper Pad.  I love the pastel colors in the paper pad.  To start I picked out a couple sheets of the paper.  I wanted to have the stripes for the front of my card and the polka-dot paper for the back of the shaker.  I used the Spellbinders Celebrations Die - Pierced Stars to cut the star shape into the stripe paper.  Next, I added a piece of Hot Off The Press Heat Resistant Acetate to the back side of the paper.  Then I added Crafty Foam Tape White to the backside of the acetate.  I doubled up the foam tape so the sequins would have more room to shake around.  I used the foam tape to build a wall/window around the star.  When you do this make sure the pieces of foam tape are right next to each other so your shaker bits won't fall out.  I added Tiny Silver Star Sequins and some of the sequins from the My Mind's Eye On Trend "Happy" Sequins.  To finish off the shaker I added the polka-dot paper to the back.  Make sure you have all areas of the paper pressed down on to the foam tape before you shake your shaker card.


Here is a close up of the shaker.  I fussy cut some of the words and the make a wish sentiment from the same paper pad and added them to the card with Crafty Foam Tape White.


Along the sides of the card front I added some Ranger Glossy Accents and then sprinkled on some  Tim Holtz Distress Glitter - Clear Rock Candy and Stampendous Crystal Glitter Multi Ultra Fine.  I added some Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen to all of the cut out words and the sentiment.  I also added a few more of the Tiny Silver Star Sequins to the card front.


To finish off the card I added the shaker to a white A2 top folding card base.  

I hope you enjoyed today's card share.  If you would like to see more card inspiration I encourage you to check out the Stamp Simply Blog.  You can also check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for a wonderful selection of paper crafting goodies.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
Paper:  Simple Stories Enchanted 6 x 6 Paper Pad, Hot Off The Press Heat Resistant Acetate, Cardstock - White
Dies:  Spellbinders Celebrations Die - Pierced Stars
Accessories:  Tiny Silver Star Sequins, My Mind's Eye On Trend "Happy" Sequins, Tim Holtz Distress Glitter - Clear Rock Candy, Stampendous Crystal Glitter Multi Ultra Fine, Ranger Glossy Accents, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Runner, Crafty Foam Tape White, Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen

3 comments:

  1. I love this card and love your color choices. Will try to duplicate this card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute Heidi. I don't have the star dies yet but I love how you used them. Pinned this for future reference! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...