Friday, March 17, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - I Can Do All Things Through Christ - Distress Watercolor Card

Hello and Happy St. Patrick's Day!  The ground is still covered with snow here in Minnesota but according to the calendar the first day of Spring is this coming Monday, March 20th.  I am ready for some warmer weather and spring colors but since it's not going to look like Spring outside I figured I'd bring some inside and create a pretty floral card.


For my card I used a couple of the outline images from the Altenew - Painted Flowers clear stamp set.  I stamped the images with VersaMark and heat embossed them using Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder,  For the paper I used Ranger Watercolor.


The watercolor was done with Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  I didn't do any fancy watercolor it was just wet on wet and dropping color in.  The wet on wet mean you wet the paper first with clean water and then add the watercolor.  I started with the flowers and added Shaded Lilac first.  Then I added in some Wilted Violet.  On the first layer of Wilted Violet I used more water to tone the color down a little bit.  Then I used a heat tool to dry the paper and added more of the Wilted Violet.  I wasn't too worried about staying in the lines with the watercolor.  For some images I like the look of the watercolor outside of the lines.  I call it messy watercolor--now there is a technical term for you lol. After the paper was dry then I started adding color to the leaves.  I used Cracked Pistachio for the leaves and for the first layer I used more water.  Then I added a couple more layers of the Cracked Pistachio.  Once I knew the paper was completely dry then I started to add clean water around the floral images at the top of the card and I added the water about an inch below the flowers.  By adding the clean water this will help the color to flow in the background and I can blend the color out into the white area of the card. For the background I used Blueprint Sketch.  I added a few layers of the Blueprint Sketch sketch and dried in between the layers.  Then I turned the card around and repeated the same steps.  For the last layer of color on both sides I let the paper air dry.


Once the paper was dry I stamped the sentiment from the Words of Encouragement SS-017 Stamp Simply Clear Stamps with Memento - Tuxedo Black ink.  Then I mixed some water with Black Soot ink and added some paint splatters.  Next, I added some May Arts Violet Silk Ribbon with a bow and a Petaloo Botanica Collection Gray Minis flower to the center of the bow.  I also added a few 5 mm Crystal Sequins for a little bit of sparkle.  Then to finish the card I added Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares to the back of the watercolor panel and added that to a black A2 top folding card base.


I hope you enjoyed today's card share!

Please be sure to visit the Stamp Simply Blog to see more inspiration from the design team.  Don't forget the check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of your paper crafting goodies.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Words of Encouragement SS-017, Altenew - Painted Flowers
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor (smooth side), Cardstock - Black
Ink:  VersaMark, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet, Cracked Pistachio, Blueprint Sketch, Black Soot, Memento - Tuxedo Black
Ribbon:  May Arts Violet Silk Ribbon
Accessories:  Petaloo Botanica Collection Gray Minis. Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder, 5 mm Crystal Sequins, Ranger Glossy Accents, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares, Heat Tool, Paint Brush Round 4 Round 16, Hot Glue

1 comment:

  1. Heidi, this is absolutely gorgeous, and I love the colors you've used! I especially love the Scripture verse...one of my favorites and one I memorized as a child. Beautifully done! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...