Saturday, October 18, 2014

My Favorite Things - Product Review - MIX-ables STENCILS

Hello everyone!  Today, I am very excited to share a product review with you featuring My Favorite Things (MFT) MIX-ables STENCILS!  Not too long ago My Favorite Things contacted me to see if I would do a product review and I happily said yes.


I was able to pick out some of the MIX-ables STENCILS that I wanted to play with so the past couple of days I have been doing just that--getting inky and breaking out the Gansai Tambi 36 Colours Set Watercolors.  


It's  always a lot of fun to play with new products and I really enjoyed working with the stencils.  The stencils are 6 x 6 which I love.  This is a perfect size for A2 cards and all of the square cards.  Also several of the stencils are designed with a continuous pattern so if you wanted to stencil a larger area you could carefully move the stencil and line it up perfectly.

I have three cards to share with you today using MIX-ables STENCILS LJD Wildflowers Mini Chicken WireLJD Spring Flowers.


Here is the first card I designed using the MIX-ables STENCILS LJD Wildflowers.  I used painters tape to mark off part of the stencil and then I used VersaMark ink directly on top of the stencil to get the images of the flowers.  Then I added white embossing powder and heat set.


Here you can see the embossing before I added the watercolor.  You can also see the stencil in the background with the painters tape.


Here is a close up of the watercolor.  I used Gansai Tambi 36 Colours Set Watercolors.  I added a few blue sequins and then I stamped a sentiment using CS-25 More Essential Sentiments stamp set.


I used the MIX-ables STENCILS  Mini Chicken Wire and Gansai Tambi 36 Colours Set Watercolors to create a fun watercolor background for this Halloween card.


Here you can see a close up of the background.  I used several of the watercolors to create the look of night time and then I laid the  MIX-ables STENCILS Mini Chicken Wire on top of the watercolor paper and lightly misted with water.  The water pools up under the stencil creating this fun effect.  I left the stencil in place until the paper and paint were dry.  Once the background was dry I used some of the stamps from the LJD-Primitive Pumpkins Stamp Set to stamp the stars and sentiment.


I also used the Die-namics LJD Primitive Pumpkin Trio and the pumpkin stamps from the LJD-Primitive Pumpkins Stamp Set to create this fun little set of pumpkins.  I used  Rich Cocoa, Tangelo, Peanut Brittle, Potters Clay, Olive Grove Momento inks for the pumpkins.  Then I added orange shimmer for a layered mat and a black card base with a black mess bow.  I also used my Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen to add a little sparkle to the stars and pumpkins.


For my third and final card I just did basic stenciling but I used three different colors of ink--Rose Bud, Tangelo, and Cantaloupe Memento inks.  I used the MIX-ables STENCILS LJD Spring Flowers to create the background.


Here is a look at the stencil with the inks before I removed it from the paper.



I added some orange sheer ribbon to create a bow and then some WOC Flowers.  I also added a few pearls at the top of the card.  I used one of the sentiments from the CS-25 More Essential Sentiments stamp set.  I added the background to a pink card base.

I had a lot of fun working with the stencils and I wanted to add they clean up very nicely too!  I will be sharing a couple more projects using the MFT Stamps MIX-ables STENCILS next week.  I hope you enjoyed the projects and the product review--I give the stencils a big thumbs up! :) 

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Paper:  Strathmore Watercolor Paper, Cardstock-White, Orange Shimmer, Black, Pink
Ink/Paint/Marker:  ImagineCrafts/Tsukineko VersaMark,Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Tangelo, Peanut Brittle, Potters Clay, Olive Grove, Cantaloupe, Rose Bud; Gansai Tambi 36 Colours Set Watercolors; Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
Accessories:  Blue Sequins, White Embossing Powder, Black Mesh Ribbon, Orange Sheer Ribbon, WOC Flowers, Pearls, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ 3D Foam Squares, E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips-Refillable Dispenser 49'

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Heidi. And a great use of the stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so pretty, Heidi! The stencils are beautiful too. Thanks for the review. Good to know they are quality :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...