Sunday, July 27, 2014

ATC Swap - My Weekend - Yummy Smoked Ribs

Hello blogging friends!  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!  We have had a nice and relaxing weekend and the weather has been fabulous.  It cooled off a little but I love the cooler temps.  


Eric (hubby) worked yesterday but he had today off and he made the best supper EVER!!  



He smoked ribs all day and they were SO Yummy!!!  The meat just fell of the bones. :)

Last month I was in a ATC sawp with a very sweet and and amazingly talented lady on YouTube.  Her name is Marlene and she is 4umarlene1 on YouTube.  You can click HERE to check out her YT channel.  During this time I was having some heath issues so I sent Marlene a PM to let her know what was going on and that I was going to be a little late with the swap.  She was so kind and  understanding and told me not to worry  about the swap until I was feeling better.  So once I was feeling better I finished up the swap and sent it off to her.  She said she was going to do a video with the ATC's I sent her and I told her once the video was up I would share the ATC's on my blog.  I haven't made a ATC in a few years and this was my first swap with someone on YT.  :)  I have been a HUGE Fan of Marlene's for some time now so when I saw her video about doing an ATC swap I jumped at the chance.  The swap was for one ATC and we could make anything we wanted--no theme, no rules--just have fun creating.  


Here is the ATC that I designed for the swap--Embrace Your Dreams.  I love how this ATC turned out!  The colors are so soft and it has a shabby but elegant look.  The background paper is from the Simply Pastel paper collection from Recollections and I added it to a piece of chipboard. 


 I made a glaze using seed beads, glass glitter, sequins, and glossy accents and I added that around the entire outer edge of the ATC.  Once the glaze was dry I brushed Perfect Pearls over the ATC.  Then I added a small little bit of lace and frayed the edges.  I added some flat back pearls to the flower centers on the lace. 


These are the products I used the create the beaded sparkling glaze.  The seed beads are a very pale pink.  The glass glitter is from Stampendous, sequins are from Martha Stewart, and the perfect pearls is from Ranger. 


Here is a close up of the flower cluster.  All of the acrylic/resin flowers and pearls are from Em's Emporium.  The pink crystal is from ButterBeeScraps.  The tiny rose buds are from WOC Flowers.  I also added a few pearl AB sequins.  The beautiful image of the lady is from a free collage sheet I found on Pinterest and I distressed the edges of the paper.


Here is a close up of the wood blocks.  These are from the Tim Holtz ChitChat stickers.  I added 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ to the back of the word blocks and then I applied Glossy Accents to the top.


I made a second ATC just for the fun of it.  I know how much Marlene loves ATC's.  :)


Here is the second ATC--Sprinkle Love.  For the background paper I used Kirby Teesdale from The Paper Studio and I adhered it to a piece of chipboard.  Then I used Mod Podge to apply a piece of light blue lace fabric with some silver sparkles.  I will leave a link below to Marlene's YT Video with the ATC's and you can see what the light blue lace fabric looks like.  Once the Mod Podge was dry I trimmed off the excess lace.  Next I applied White Gesso around the outer edges of the ATC.  Doing this makes the lace on the edges really pop.  Once the Gesso was dry then I added some Diamond Stickles along the outer edge of the ATC.  


For the sentiment I used more word blocks from the ChitChat stickers and added Glossy Accents on the top.  I punched out the butterflies using a Martha Stewart punch and added Diamond Stickles to them.  The tiny flowers are from Em's Emporium and the Aqua Crystals are from ButterBeeScraps.


I added an altered bottle cap in the lower left corner.  I applied some Gesso to the bottle cap and then added the sweet little image.  The image is a digital download from ArtCult.  I LOVE the beautiful images that Batya offers in her shop!  I added some Glossy Accents on top of the image and then I added some rhinestone chain.  The small flower filigrees are from B'Sue Boutiques.  I painted them white and then buffed them with steel wool (0000) until some of the metal was revealed.  I added Clear Crystals from ButterBeeScraps to the filigree pieces.

Here are the links to the two videos that Marlene did with the ATC's (below).  I added a few extra goodies that you can see in her video.  I forgot to take pictures of the flowers I made lol.  Also HERE is a link to the blog post showing a necklace that has a bezel--it is just like the one I made for her but I didn't add her's to a necklace so she could use it on a project if she wants to.  And--if you are coming here from Marlene's video and you want to see the card I gave her you can click HERE to see that blog post.

Marlene's Videos
Click HERE for video one.
Click HERE for video two.

I hope you will check out Marlene's YT channel!  She is So Very Talented and I know you will be inspired!!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Here is a link to my YT channel if you would like to subscribe.  I will be doing a video once I receive Marlene's package.  I know a lot of you that follow my blog know I do YT videos for JustRite Papercraft but I don't do too many videos on my personal channel.  I am hoping to change that and to start doing some videos soon.  :)

Thanks again!  Until next time...

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi













2 comments:

  1. Love the sparklies! Eye-candy for sure! BTW, those ribs look sooooo good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards! Love all your embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...