Monday, March 10, 2014

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments Canvas

Hello blogging friends and Happy Monday to everyone!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and I have a beautiful altered canvas using some of the papers from the Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments Collection to share with you.


Here is the canvas--it's an 8 x 8--perfect size for the 8 x 8 paper pads.  I just absolutely love this paper and the gorgeous images!  As soon as I saw this paper I knew I wanted to make some type of wall hanging with it.  Now I know at first glance this might look like a project that took all day but it actually came together pretty quick.  Nothing hard or complicated--just some fussy cutting, layering and gluing. Plus I have a step-by-step tutorial for you too.  ;-)


Here is a close up look at the canvas.  You can click on all of the photos to enlarge them and see all the details.


To start I used Folk Art Acrylic Paint-Linen to paint the sides and outer edges of the canvas.


I used two sheets of this pattern paper and while the canvas was drying I fussy cut these images.  


Next I adhered the 8 x 8 sheet of paper to the canvas and then I added all of the pieces I had fussy cut.  I used 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ to adhere all of the pieces and add some dimension.  


I wanted to add a little sparkle so I used Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue and Tim Holtz Distress Glitter Clear Rock Candy.


To finish off the canvas I added some beautiful laces and trims from 
The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I added one of the trims all around the edge of the canvas and then I added some along the bottom and sides.  


Here is a close up of some of the laces from the  May Arts Ribbon Sampler Delicate Vintage Lace.  I also used some 1/4'' White Silk Ribbon and May Arts Ribbon Sampler Vintage Pink.


Here is a close up of the gorgeous venise lace!  I used Venise Lace 1.25" - Maria WhiteVenise Lace 2.5" - Isabella Ivory and then I added some Melissa Frances Cream Pearls.


I hope you enjoyed the canvas and the tutorial!  

As always you can click on all the photos to enlarge them and all of the supplies are listed below with links.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Please be sure to check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of the fantastic paper crafting products and the Blog for inspiration from the Design Team.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
Paper:  Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments Collection-The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store
Ribbon:  Venise Lace 1.25" - Maria White, Venise Lace 2.5" - Isabella Ivory, 1/4'' White Silk Ribbon, May Arts Ribbon Sampler Delicate Vintage Lace, May Arts Ribbon Sampler Vintage Pink-The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store
Accessories:  Tim Holtz Distress Glitter Clear Rock Candy, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, Melissa Frances Cream Pearls-The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ 3D Foam Squares, Canvas, Paint Brush, Folk Art Acrylic Paint Linen, Hot Glue

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous project! Love the paper and all that lace!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your canvas turned out beautiful. the images are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a stunning project. That lace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...