Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Really Reasonable Ribbon November Blog Hop


Good morning blogging friends!  Today, is the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop for the month of November.  The RRR Design Team Members and Special Events Design Team Members will be showcasing the Monthly Ribbon Club


This month there is a wonderful assortment of Deep Reds and Charcoal Gray ribbons included in the November Ribbon Club.   I love this color combination!  Click HERE for more details.

If you are following the order of the blog hop you should have just come from Judy's Blog. If not and you just happened to pop in for a visit please click HERE to start the blog hop at the Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings! Blog.


For my project I designed a Christmas card using two of the ribbons from the November Monthly Ribbon Club.  


I made a few bow and adhered them on top of each other to create a layered bow.


I used hot glue to adhere the bows and positioned them at different angles to create a full bow.


Here is a close up of the bow.


All of the solid colored cardstock is from DiscountCardstock.com and the pattern paper is from the Simple Stories Handmade Christmas 6 x 6 Paper Pad.  I used S5-131 A2 Matting Basics AS5-132 A2 Matting Basics BS5-121 Frosty FormsS4-161 Labels OneS4-379 Decorative Labels One die templates from Spellbinders to cut/emboss all of the die cut shapes.  To embellish the card I added a Holly Leaf from Petaloo with 10 mm Red Bling from Shabby Scraps.  I also added a few pearls from Recollections and 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L  to add some dimension.

Now to continue in the blog hop you need to hop on over to Vivian's Blog and check out her fantastic project!


Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy the Really Reasonable Blog Hop!! Don't forget to visit the RRR Store and check out all of the beautiful ribbons, lace and trims!

I hope you have a wonderful and creative day!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi  


Supplies
Paper:  DiscountCardstock.com Simply Smooth White, Really Red, Black Licorice, Silver Mirri; Simple Stories Handmade Christmas 6 x 6 Paper Pad
Ink:  Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black 
Accessories:  Petaloo Mini Poinsettia Red (Holly Leaf); Shabby Scraps 10 mm Red Bling; Recollections Bling; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Hot Glue



27 comments:

  1. So pretty and Elegant! This is turning out to be a fabulous hop!!!! Huggs from Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the silhouette of the Reindeer!! Fabby bow!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful idea to layer the two colors of bows.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. very elegant card. I love the look of the bow and am grateful you explained how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card. Love your bow technique! Can't wait to try it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the steps for your lovely bow! I need lots of help on bows! Elegant card, the kit really inspires a classy take on all of the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. Love the bow - also my new favorite thing to make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card. I want to make one of those myself. Jeri (jdentel@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ribbon idea! I love the whole card. Love the deer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Gloria, me, and you should get our deer together and start a herd! rofl! Beautiful card Heidi...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous Christmas card Heidi and I LOVE your layered bow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty, great ribbon treatment

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a very pretty card. I love the silloutte of the dear. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your layering of the bow has created a very elegant showpiece on this holiday card - loved that idea - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great project and thanks so much for sharing the bow technique - this has been a mystery to me so am thrilled to see how it works. Joining the RRR Club has been one of my best craft purchases from here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  17. the deer is so cute on this card. I also, double up on my bows of ribbon which really gives a bow lots of glam!!!
    ava g

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had to pin that card, because it is just so pretty, and I love the way that you used the ribbon. Wow, I am loving this blog hop. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the card and your use of the ribbon. I had to pin this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I seems like black and red are going to be the new Christmas colors and they are stunningly beautiful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is great! Love the layered bows!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the bows with all that gorgeous ribbon! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the vintage look on your card. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card Heidi. Love the ribbon bunch you created. BEAUTIFUL!!
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty with the layered bow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...