Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras and a Happy Birthday Card

Hello blogging friends! Happy Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras!! Today, I have a birthday card to share with you that is perfect for Mardi Gras.

All of the cardstock is from Discount Cardstock and this week Gemini Green is on sale. Click HERE to check it out (prices will be posted by 10 am). Bright and bold is usually not my style but I really had a lot of fun coming out of my comfort zone and creating this card. For the background I layered Gemini Green and Simply Smooth White and then I embossed the green using EL-007 Elegance M-Bossabilities Folder from Spellbinders.


Here is a close up of the embossed background.


I used S5-083 Antique Frame and Accents and I cut/embossed the frame twice using Soot and Simply Smooth White. I used the center piece from the white frame to stamp the sentiment and I am saving the extra white frame and black center for another project. The sentiment is from CR-03640 Spring Words from JustRite Stampers. Next I used Gemini Green, Galaxy Gold & Planet Purple along with S4-363 Jewel Fantasies die templates from Spellbinders to create the peacock feathers. I also used Gemini Green & Really Red with S5-086 Bitty Blossoms to create the rolled rose and leaves.


Here is a close up of the peacock feathers. I used You're So Fine Glitter Limeade Green, Gold Medal & Lilac Purple and Clear Rhinestones (coming soon!) from The Rubber Cafe to embellish the feathers. I colored the rhinestones on the purple and green feathers using Copic Markers YG67 & B06.


Here is a close up of the rose and leaves. I used Patriot Red & Fir Tree Green You're So Fine Glitter from The Rubber Cafe. I absolutely love how the glitter looks on this little rose!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!
If you go out to celebrate have fun, have good food & drinks and Be Safe!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
Paper: Discount Cardstock Gemini Green, Really Red, Galaxy Gold, Planet Purple, Soot, Simply Smooth White
Stamps: JustRite Stampers CR-03640 Spring Words
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers YG67, B06
Dies: Spellbinders Grand Calibur, S4-363 Jewel Fantasies, S5-083 Antique Frame and Accents, S5-086 Bitty Blossoms, EL-007 Elegance M-Bossabilities Folder
Accessories: The Rubber Cafe Scrap Happy Sheer Glue, You're So Fine Glitter Limeade Green, Fir Tree Green, Gold Medal, Lilac Purple, Patriot Red, Clear Rhinestones (coming soon!), Stick "EM" Up; Tattered Angels Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares

7 comments:

  1. Heidi it's absolutely stunning....the color just jumps off the front.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Heidi, and I agree with the other girl here, the colors really pops out on us, so gorgeous. And the rose, WAUW it´s just soooooo gorgeous. I love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply fabulous Heidi!! love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is a stunner, Heidi!! LOVE how the Spellbinders M-Bossabilities stands out and LOOK at those feathers = WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous, love the colors and how it sparkles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful car- I love the dies you chose to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No surprise I like this card... it's comprised of spellbinders I want!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...