Friday, October 30, 2009

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge

Today is the Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge blog hop and I can't wait to see what all of the ladies have been busy creating. Vicki Chrisman our wonderful and very talented Design Team Coordinator gave us a challenge to create a project with a bird theme. Crafty Secrets has several products with beautiful images of birds from stamp sets, journal and note booklets, vintage postcard kits, creative scraps, stickers and vintage cuts.

For my projects I used the Best Buds Vintage Postcard Kit and matching Stamp Set. I love working with the Vintage Postcard Kits, the images are so beautiful and the creative possibilities are endless. The Vintage Postcard Kits come with 6 Large Images, 12 Image Embellishments, 18 Ivory Chipboard Pieces and a Matching Stamp Set.The first project I created is a little mini wall hanging with one of the large images from the Best Buds Vintage Postcard Kit and one of the large ivory chipboard pieces. I started out by cutting out the image of the bird with the nest and lilacs and using 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue from Beacon to adhere the cardstock image to the chipboard piece. Then I sanded the edges for a nice smooth finish. Next I inked the edges using Vintage Photo Distress Ink from Ranger and then I stamped the floral vine images with Rich Cocoa Memento Ink from Tsukineko. Here is a close up where you can see the stamped images around the edge of the chipboard. Then I misted the edges with Honey Dew Mist, Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. I let the Glimmer Mist sit for a few seconds and then took a kleenex to lightly blot it. Once the paper was dry then I stamped the sentiment with gold pigment ink and added gold embossing powder and heat set. Here is a close up picture where you can see the shimmer from the Glimmer Mist on the edge of the chipboard.I also added some Lilac, Lavender and Ivory Flower Soft to the lilacs, a few pearls and finished of the wall hanging with a light blue sheer ribbon.For the backside of the postcard I used Peeled Paint Distress Ink from Ranger to ink the chipboard. Then I stamped several of the stamp images from the Best Buds matching Stamp Set. I also added Honey Dew Mist, Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels to the edges and a few pearls.

Supplies~
Crafty Secrets~Best Buds Vintage Postcard Kit, Best Buds Stamp Set
Ink~Ranger-Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint Distress Ink, Tsukineko-Memento Rich Cocoa Ink, Gold Pigment Ink
Other~Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Honey Dew Mist, Flower Soft Lilac, Lavender, Ivory and Flower Soft Glue, Beacon-3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Pearls, Blue Sheer Ribbon.

For my second project I altered a tiny little candy tin. I started by using two colors of Glimmer Mist, Coffee Shop and Honey Dew Mist on the tin and then I heat set the Glimmer Mist. When I was doing the heat setting I did it a little longer and let the Glimmer Mist bubble up in some areas. Doing this seemed to give the tin an older look. Then I added a piece of lace trim. I used on of the Image Embellishments from the Best Buds Vintage Postcard Kit from Crafty Secrets and a piece of the Ivory Chipboard. I sanded and inked the edges using Vintage Photo Distress Ink from Ranger. To adhere the lace and chipboard I used 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue from Beacon and For the buttons and pearls I used Gem-Tac from Beacon.Supplies~
Crafty Secrets~Best Buds Vintage Postcard Kit
Ink~Ranger-Vintage Photo
Other~Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Coffee Shop, Honey Dew Mist, Beacon-3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, Gem-Tac, Heat Tool, Lace Trim, Pearls and Buttons, Candy Tin

Don't forget to check out all of the Fabulous projects made by the Crafty Secrets Design Team! Here is a list with links to their blogs. I also wanted to let you know that Marisa Grosson will be giving away a $30 Gift Certificate for Crafty Secrets on her blog and Sandy Redburn, owner of Crafty Secrets is also going to be having some fun Blog Candy on the Crafty Secrets Blog.



Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy the Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge! I hope you have a Wonderful Weekend and a Spooktacular Halloween!!!

Smiles!
Heidi

24 comments:

  1. This is beautiful I love the little candy tin great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word girl ... these are AWESOME!!! I just love your wall hanging and that little candy tin ... WOWZA .. just awesome! You are certainly an inspiration to me and for that I thank you!! Now I just need more hours in my day so I can try some of these wonderful projects you keep coming up with!! Again ... WOWZA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning projects, Heidi! Love the embossed gold greeting on the postcard--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Heidi, love all the details on your wall hanging. The tin is adorable, I think I have one of those somewhere, hmmmmmmm Ü

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What gorgeous details you've included on this postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning, Heidi!! So elegant and such beautiful detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what beautiful projects and amazing details! Love the little tin, too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heidi, these are just gorgeous projects. What wonderful gifts these would make! I'd be over the moon if someone made something like that for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ... GORGEOUS as always!! Love both peices! The embossing is wonderful.. as is your inking and Glimmer Misting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heidi, your projects a simply beautiful. Love the effect of the flower soft.

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOO..LA..LA!! All your projects are so GORGEOUS! I just bought a set of 96 vintage postcards (1906-1907)and the embossing on them looks so much like yours! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The wall hanging is gorgeous, so many beautiful details, and the tin is just lovely. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic-I adore the wallhanging!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both porjects are GORGEOUS Heidi. I love the embossing, glimmer mist.... Well I love the both and all of your attention to details. You know I'm a HUGE fan ;) Linda Duke

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the candy tin. I'm going to look for the postcard kits and hope my project looks half as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! This is absolutely beautiful - thanks for the great instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  17. soooooooo pretty! your work is delicious! ty for sharing...love your blog! cher
    hilly 77 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  18. The hanging postcard project is so AMAZING! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so beautiful, I just love them. The colors and the use of the flower soft on the flowers, such detail. The tin is just gorgeous. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...