Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's Tini Time! *wink*

As some of you know over the past couple weeks JustRite Stampers has been having a JustRite Stampin' Champion Contest going on over on their blog. I was lucky enough to have a few of my cards chosen as "hopefuls" and I was also in the weekly vote. Over the weekend we were all asked to make a card & a non-card project even though at that point we didn't know who the top three were going to be. They wanted all of us to be able to have enough time to work on projects if we ended up in the finals. Well last night the voting results were in. I didn't happen to make it into the finals BUT I had a ton of fun creating my non-card project!!

Be sure to check out the JustRite Stampers Blog to see all of the amazing design work from the top nine ladies in the finals!! Those girls have been BUSY!! You can also vote on your favorite project. While you are there scroll down a little further and read all about the sponsors & the AMAZING prize packages!!!

Before I show you my non-card project I want to show you the card I made for the contest.
I used the Small Letters set from JustRite Stampers for the sentiment. I just love the colors on this card! The CS is from WorldWin, Nestabilities are from Spellbinders and the stamped images are from Crafty Secrets, Frame It & Flourishes stamp sets. I used Adirondack Pitch Black ink and Frayed Burlap Distress ink both from Ranger. I also used a brilliant gold EP, added a button to the center of the nestability and some gold ribbon.

Ok now onto the FUN PROJECT! For my non-card project I made a fun little Appletini ensemble. I made charms for the glasses, coasters, decorative napkins and I also altered the shaker. Here are some closeups of each piece.

The Shaker~To alter the shaker I used the Small Letter set from JustRite Stampers for the sentiment. I made the belly band using one of the NEW Pierceabilities dies, Ric Rac Scallop from Spellbinders and I also used the Classic & Scallop Circle Nestabilites from Spellbinders. The stamped image is from the NEW Crafty Secrets, Glamour Girls stamp set. On the little martini glass, I colored it using Copic markers, and then I added a little "sugar" to the rim using Beacon Zip Dry adhesive and Sparkling Snow glitter from Sparkle N Sprinkle. Then I added some red stickle to change the olive into a cherry. Once the stickles was dry then I added some clear dimensional glaze to the drink. For a little bit of bling I added some rhinestones on the band & colored them with Copic markers to match. All of the CS is from WorldWin.

The Charms~The charms were really easy to make! For the charms I used shrink plastic that I cut using the Wizard and the Classic Circle Nestablities from Spellbinders. For the border I used one of the borders from the C-45 Monogram set from JustRite Stampers and the martini is from the Crafty Secrets Glamour Girls set. I stamped the images using Adirondack Pitch Black pigment ink. Then I airbrushed them using Copic markers & the ABS. Once I had the charms done I made the rings and added some beads. Here is a little tip for making the rings--make a little loop on one end of your wire piece and then wrap it around a stickles bottle it makes the perfect size ring!

The Coasters~I had a lot of fun making the coasters and I will share with you in another post as to how I made them. *wink*

And the Napkins~For the napkins I used the Small Letter Set from JustRite Stampers & the martini glass is from Crafty Secrets NEW Glamour Girl stamp set. I used Copic markers to color in the martini and add a little "sugar" glitter to the rim.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!! I hope you enjoyed the little Appletini ensemble! The best part was after the pictures were taken I got to enjoy the yummy Appletini! LOL!! Don't forget to hop on over the the JustRite Stampers Blog & vote for your favorite!! I hope you have a Fantastic Day!!

Smiles!
Heidi

13 comments:

  1. I love this Appletini ensemble!!!!! Sooooooooooo cute! Too bad I'm not closer cuz I would have loved to come over and share one with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, how in the world did you NOT make the finals Heidi???? This is AMAZING!!!! You sooooo deserve to be in the finals, I for SURE would have voted for you!!!!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that brown and gold card is totally stunning, one of the prettiest I've seen in a long time. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful, Heidi, but the 'Tini Ensemble is just AWESOME! So unique and inspired! Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card is so gorgeous and elegant!! i love the center focal point - is that a vintage button or jewelry piece???

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW ... these are all so amazing, I can't believe you aren't #1~~~ you are in my book!! FANTASTIC ensemble!!! I'm so impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa, girl! I'm so sorry you didn't make it into the finals-had I known your final project was going to be THIS good - I'd have traded my spot for you!! I love it! great stuff on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZER!! What an amazing project!! The card is gorgeous!! and the party projects are so very cool!! Wonderful job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS IS SO DARN CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    ( I liked your purse too that was so friggin adorable)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heidi I love the Appletini ensemble, brown & gold card, and the BEAUTIFUL Baby Girl card!!!! They are all beautiful! Had fun at class last week.
    Have a Great Day!
    Peggy D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Heidi, and your Appletini set is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Apppletini Ensemble is WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card, it is so elegant and absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...