Saturday, August 11, 2007

We're back home!

Vacation was Great!! The boys had a blast, swimming, skate boarding, mini golf, camp fires and the list goes on... We stayed at Jelly Stone for six days and it was go, go, go the whole time!! The weather was great and we spent a lot of time in the water. I got a nasty sunburn the very 1st day we were there--yuck-o! I had a TON of sunscreen on but I am so light complected it doesn't take much for me to burn. We went out to eat a few times while we were there but most of our cooking was done by the camp fire. Eric was in charge of breakfast, we both did lunch and I was in charge of supper and at night before we went to bed we always had a small fire so the kids could make dogs and s'mores. Sure do miss the smell of the camp fire!! But I have to say it was nice to come home again and sleep in our own bed! Here are a few pictures from Jelly Stone.
The Boys
Evan and Mommy
Chase and Evan

Evan in the wave poolThe Boys with Yogi Bear

Evan at the Sk8 Park. This picture just cracks me up, he posed for this all by himself-LOL!! He was trying to copy the graffiti art!

Chase at the Sk8 Park
Dusty at the Sk8 Park--landing one of his tricks. Dusty just found out a couple of days before we went to Jelly Stone that the local bike/sk8 shop is going to sponsor him for sk8bording!! He is THRILLED!!!

It is taking me awhile to get back into the swing of things after being gone!!
It seems like forever since my last post!! While we were gone my BF (Gina) and her kids stayed at our house and took care of our animals. They live out of state and were also up for a wedding. They stayed until the Friday after we got back so we were able to spend a few days just hanging out together and our kids had a blast playing together too! Then it was time for our county fair!! We live right down the street from the fairground, so that is another busy, busy week too!! The last day of the fair was Sunday and then it was time to start prepping for another class. Also this week was the last week that my stepson was with us. He always spends the summers with us and this morning him and Eric left to meet up with his mom in IL, they meet 1/2 way. So time seems to have just gotten away from me!! I will post more pictures from our vacation tomorrow and also post pictures from the last stamping class. Hope you are having a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm sorry you got burned on day one, crud. But it sure looks like an excellent place to go on vacation! A skatboard park, a water park, eating on a campfire...what could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post, and it sounds like your vacation was awesome! It's been too long since i last went camping... Glad you all made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...