Monday, August 20, 2007

Vintage Style Box

Do you ever design something and you get so excited about the outcome, because you know it is turning out even better than the vision you had in your head or your sketch? Well for me this was one of those times!! *wink* I am in love with this little gift box!! Plus--BIG BONUS--it is soooo easy to make!! The box itself is made using 2-8-1/2 x 11 sheets of CS. I will try and get the instructions posted for it really soon, but for now I just had to post a few pictures.

I started out with Very Vanilla CS and used three colors of ink--Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa and River Rock to achieve the look I wanted. For the bottom piece I randomly stippled using Chocolate Chip and River Rock inks. Then I stamped 2 different Flourishes & Swirls (Autumn Leaves-Rhonna Farrer) . One was done with Close to Cocoa and for the other one I used River Rock. After that I used the Spritz Tool from SU along with a Close to Cocoa marker. Once the piece was put together I use the Chocolate Chip ink pad along all of the edges to distress it. For the Top piece I folded the sides in and then ran it through the Wizard using the Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder. Then I did all of the same steps as above except for the stamping. I also made a slider for the box using Chocolate Chip CS and Brocade Background (SU- Designer Series Paper). Then I embellished it with a piece of green velvet ribbon, petals from a hydrangea with a button in the center and some swarovski crystals & ivory pearls.

Side view~
Top of the box~
Front of box~I hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by & hope you have a great week!!

5 comments:

  1. OMG this is so pretty Heidi! WOW. I sure hope you post direction soon, because this box is awesome and I want to make one too!

    The embossing really catches the eye, and that ribbon is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!!! It really does look vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is fabulous, Heidi! i love the embossing. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...