Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Baby Oh Baby


I seem to be making a lot of baby cards lately and I thought I would share three of my newest and favorite ones. I think baby cards are so fun to make and it is especially fun when you can personalize them.

The 1st card was for little Elijah. I have made a few of these cards with the buggy for girls and boys. I wanted something that was three dimensional so I came up with the idea to design a little buggy. Sorry about the picture quality, this was taken with my older camera. Almost everything used to design this card was SU products. The lace, ribbon and wire were from my stash. Also the stamps for his name are from CTMH.


This 2nd card was for sweet little Keely. Elijah and Keely are cousins and there Grandam has shown me some of the cutest pictures of the two of them! For this one I embellished a little onesie that I made and used SU Designer Series Double Sided PP.

The 3rd one is my most recent one and it's for my newest little baby cousin, Gage. He is soooo cute!! Mommy and Daddy are so proud! They had a baby shower and it was so nice that all of our family
was able to be there. They also took 4 generation picture which will be a very nice keepsake. I found the idea for this card on SCS. It's a trifold card that is so easy and fun to make. The tutorial can be found here, it's called Cami's Trifold Card
I used the Wild About You stamp set from SU. I love that set! I also used a stamp set from Autumn Leaves, called Swirls. The 1st picture is the view of the front of the card.
The 2nd picture is the inside and I put a really neat poem there. I had found this poem a while back and I have been saving it for just the right card. Almost everyone who reads it says they get all teary eyed.
The 3rd picture is when the card is opened all the way. This card is bigger than the one that was done in the tutorial but I think this card design could be made to fit any size card you would like. I embellished the card with a piece of chipboard, fibers and some clear dome sticker. To match the chipboard I mixed white acrylic paint with reinker.
Here's the poem that was inside the card.




My Baby Boy and Me
Its 3 am they're all asleep
And no one's here to see
As we rock slowly back and forth
My Baby Boy and Me.
His little head is feather light
tucked up against my chin
I hold his tiny hand in mine
and stroke his baby skin.
The house about us creaks and groans
the clock hands creep around
He snuggles closer to me still
and makes his baby sounds.
I love these quiet hours so much
and cherish every one
store memories up inside my heart
for lonely nights to come.
All too soon he'll be grown up
his need for Mama gone
but until then I still have time
for kisses and for song.
Time for quiet hours like this
with him cuddled in my arms
where I wish he'd always stay
protected safe and warm.
And yet I know the day will come
when this tiny little hand
will be much bigger than my own
he'll grow to be a man.
But until then he's mine to love
with no one here to see
as we rock slowly back and forth
my baby boy and me.
~ Jane Triplett ~













4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Heidi - What can I say, I love love love your work. *sigh* makes me regret all the slacking I have been doing lately. I have a coworker that is expecting a boy in about 4 weeks or so, I may CASE your 3rd card - if you don't mind of course!! I can't think of orginal to save my life, my brain if fried from school...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Holly! Thanks so much! I hope school is going good for you!! DH says the same thing sometimes about school. You know I don't mind if you want to use an idea! Case away GF!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of them Heidi! The onsie is adorable, and I like the colors and the stamps of the third. I have that set and I use it a lot for baby cards too. I think I've seen your baby carriage one berfore and I tried to make one but I'm just not as good as you.
    You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Dana! That wild about you set is so fun for kids cards.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...