Friday, August 17, 2018

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Give Thanks Distress Oxide Inks Smooshing Technique and Tutorial

Hello everyone and happy Friday!  This was the last full week before school starts back up and gosh it seems like it just flew by.  Actually the summer seems like it went by really fast.  Our youngest is going to be a Junior this year---they grow up so fast!!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I have a card to share with you using the ink smooshing technique with Distress Oxide Inks.


Here is a look at the card I designed.  I used two of the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps set Give Thanks SS-009 and Harvest SS-010 for my card.


To start, I smooshed the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks - Fired BrickPeeled PaintSpiced Marmalade and Vintage Photo onto the Ranger Craft Mat.  Then I used the Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer to add water to the inks.  Next, I took a piece of Ranger Watercolor paper and smooshed it into the ink.  I used a heat tool to dry and heat set the inks.  I repeated the process until I achieved a look I liked.


Here is a look at the paper once all of the color was added.


Next, I wanted to heat emboss so I prepped the paper with the EK Success Powder Tool.  Then, I randomly stamped the leaf images from both of the stamp sets using VersaMark Ink.  I added Ranger Super Fine Detailed Gold Embossing Powder and used a heat tool to melt and heat set the powder.


I wanted to fade the background so the leaves would be the main focus of the card.  I took a paint brush and water and added water to the background and then used a paper towel to blot up the water.  Doing this removed some of the color.  I worked in small areas and repeated the process 2-3 times until I like the look of the background.


Here is a look at the paper after removing some of the background color.  The leaves are a little darker in color and you could stop here if you wanted to.  But I knew if I added Ranger Glossy Accents to the leaves it would pull the color forward and really make the colors in the leaves pop.


It's amazing what some glossy accents can do!  I love how these leaves look!  


I heat embossed the sentiment from the Give Thanks SS-009 stamp set onto a strip of brown paper and then I added Foam Tape to the back.  The card base is a kraft A2 top folding card with a brown mat. 





To finish off the card I added a few Prima Say It In Crystals Amber Moon.  The colors match perfectly and I love the added sparkle.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed today's card share and tutorial.  All of the supplies are listed and linked below and can be found at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  If you would like to see more card inspiration I encourage you to check out the Stamp Simply Blog.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Much love, hugs, and blessings,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Give Thanks SS-009, Harvest SS-010
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor, Cardstock - Kraft, Brown
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks - Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, VersaMark Ink
Accessories:  Ranger Super Fine Detailed Gold Embossing Powder, EK Success Powder Tool, Prima Say It In Crystals Amber Moon, Ranger Glossy Accents, Ranger Craft Mat, Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L EZ Runner, Foam Tape, Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer, Heat Tool, Paint Brush, Paper Towel, Cup of Water

12 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS Heidi and what a great technique! I'll be giving that a try real soon! I love these new oxide inks! Thanks for a new twist in using them! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous... stunning.... thank you for sharing.

    Bernice P

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a spectacular finish! your technique is amazing! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful. I love fall colors. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly stunning Heidi. I had to pin this to try, thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Heidi!! where do you come up with these ideas?! i'll have to try this soon. (gail)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful fall card. Thanks for the great and inspiring tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...