Friday, April 28, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Altenew Painted Rose - Rock-N-Roll Technique & Tutorial

Hello everyone and happy Friday!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and I have a colorful card to share with you.  I am revisiting an older technique--Rock-N-Roll.


As you can see from the card I used the Painted Rose stamp set from Altenew.  This is a layering stamp set meaning each image is a combination of three different stamps/layers.  When I started to pull out my supplies for this card I was planning on doing the usual stamp layering and picking three different shades of ink.  But then I thought this stamp set would be a really great one for the Rock-N-Roll technique.  


If you are new to stamping the Rock-N-Roll technique is very easy to do.  First, ink the entire stamp with one color of ink (the lighter color).  Then ink around the edges of the same stamp with a darker ink,  Doing this will create a two-tone look.  You can take the ink pad and roll it around the edges of the stamp or you can lightly tap the ink pad around the outer edges of the stamp.  Either way will work--just make sure you don't have any sharp lines from the ink pads.


Here is a close up of the stamp with the two colors of ink.  Now I will say doing the Rock-N-Roll technique with the layering stamps does take a little bit longer but I think the results are worth it.  For the Roses I used Altenew 4 Cube Inks - Rose Petal (Rose Quartz, Puffy Heart, Purple Wine), Shades of Purple (Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris).


Here is a close up of the sentiment.  I used one of the stamps from the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Birthday Blessings stamp set.  I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark ink on to a piece of Vellum.  Then, I added Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder.  I used my heat tool to melt and heat set the powder.  Next, I added some May Arts Tiffany Blue Silk Ribbon and a few Prima Say It In Crystals Royal Menagerie Sequins.


Now I have to tell you I am happy with how the card turned out however it didn't turn out like my original idea.  When I was almost done with the stamping I picked up one of the ink cubes to put it back in the packaging (I keep my Altenew 4 Cube Inks in the packaging) and I dropped it!  The cover came off and the ink pad landed face down on my card front!  You can see the outline of the ink cube in this picture by the cluster of leaves.  This happened to me a few weeks ago and I had to start over.  But I didn't want to have to do all of the stamping again---So I had to rethink my card design.  Thank goodness the ink was a light color and vellum saved the day! :)


For the leaves I used  Altenew 4 Cube Inks - Sea Shore ( Mountain Mist, Volcano Lake, Lagoon), Green Fields (Frayed Leaf, Forest Green, Evergreen).  These are not inks I would normally put together but I am so happy I did.  I LOVE the combination of of colors--it just works and it was a happy surprise to see the outcome.  I also inked around the edges of the card front with Volcano Lake ink.  I think I might have to make a few more of these cards to have on hand.


To finish the card I added the card front to a white A2 card base and I added some Foam Squares in between the layers for some added dimension.

I hope you enjoyed today's card share and tutorial.  I hope you are inspired to give the Rock-N-Roll technique a try and mix and match some beautiful colors.

If you would like to see more inspiration from the design team check out the Stamp Simply Blog.  For all of your paper crafting goodies check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi




Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Birthday Blessings, Altenew - Painted Rose
Paper:  Vellum, Cardstock - White
Ink:  VersaMark, Altenew 4 Cube Inks - Rose Petal (Rose Quartz, Puffy Heart, Purple Wine), Shades of Purple (Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris), Sea Shore ( Mountain Mist, Volcano Lake, Lagoon), Green Fields (Frayed Leaf, Forest Green, Evergreen)
Ribbon:  May Arts Tiffany Blue Silk Ribbon
Accessories:  Prima Say It In Crystals Royal Menagerie Sequins, Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder,Ranger - Glossy Accents, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L - Foam Squares, E-Z Runner, Heat Tool

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I would have never known that the ink pad mark was that! It looked beautiful even with that mark! I would have left it as is but the vellum adds another layer of stunning to the card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Heidi, this is a stunner! The Painted Rose makes a beautiful background.
    I am about to order the Garden Treasure set and I can't wait to get it and play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your color combinations Heidi. we've all dropped an ink pad at the perfectly wrong moment. great tip to disguise these "learning experiences". tfs (gail)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your card on Sharon's blog and had to stop by here to tell you how beautiful it is, I love the Altenew stamps, you done a fabulous job with this creation Heidi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...