Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sparkling Glitter Foxtail Card with a tutorial

Hello blogging friends!  Today and I have a card to share with you using the Scrap Happy Sheer Glue and 
You're So Fine Glitter from The Rubber Cafe' with a stamping technique.


Here is the card that I designed.  I love stamping with the Scrap Happy Sheer Glue and applying glitter to the image.  The You're So Fine Glitter is such an ultra fine glitter that when this technique is done it almost looks like embossed foil.  It has a very elegant and sparkling look.


To start I stamped the oval image from K-1161 Card Labels stamp set on to Simply Smooth Ivory cardstock using Truffle Mix'd Media ink from Donna Salazar.  Then I squeezed out a little bit of glue on to a piece of scrap paper and use a makeup sponge to apply the glue to the stamp.  You will want to have a good covering of the glue but just make sure it's not too thick or you might not get a clear image.  Then stamp the image and wash the stamp right away with soapy water.  The stamped image I used was D-451 Yellow Foxtail


I used Bronze Medal, Copper and Limeade Green You're So Fine Glitter on the foxtail image.


Here is a picture of the image after the excess glitter has been removed.  All of the detail is still within the image and I love the results!


I used S5-127 Labels Twenty-Eight to cut/emboss the image and then I colored in the oval border with YR14 Caramel Copic Marker.


For a finishing touch I added Root Beer Brown Jellie Dots to the corners.  I used Scrap Happy Sheer Glue to adhere the Jellie Dots and the Stick "EM" Up tool for perfect placement.


I also used S5-131 A2 Matting Basics A, S5-132 A2 Matting Basics B die templates from Spellbinders.  To create the embossed background I used Spellbinders Premium Craft Foil Precious Metals along with EG-003 Garden Lattice M-Bossabilities.  Then I lightly sanded the embossed area.  To create the tag I used S4-367 Back To Basics Tags die template with Orange Fizz cardstock and the sentiment is from J-1095 Fabulous Phrases stamp set.  The card base is Orange Fizz and then I layered it with Posh Milk Chocolate cardstock.  I added Green Glitz Ribbon and Brown Crochet Lace Trim from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope that you will give the stamping with glue and glitter technique a try.

I hope you have a wonderful and creative day!
Hugs,

Supplies
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe' D-451 Yellow Foxtail, K-1161 Card Labels, J-1095 Fabulous Phrases

Paper:  Discount Cardstock Simply Smooth Ivory, Orange Fizz, Posh Milk Chocolate
Spellbinders Premium Craft Foil Precious Metals
Ink:  Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Truffle Ink; Copic Marker YR14 Caramel
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand CaliburS5-131 A2 Matting Basics AS5-132 A2 Matting Basics BS5-127 Labels Twenty-Eight, S4-367 Back To Basics Tags, EG-003 Garden Lattice M-Bossabilities

Accessories:  The Rubber Cafe' Scrap Happy Sheer GlueStick "EM" Up ToolYou're So Fine Glitter:  Bronze Medal, Copper, Limeade GreenJellie Dots:  Root Beer BrownReally Reasonable Ribbon Green Glitz Ribbon, Brown Crochet Lace Trim; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares








3 comments:

  1. heidi,
    only you could make weeds look beautiful!! the glue/glitter technique is wonderful. could you give a few more tips on using that type of glue on a stamp... how much would be too much... or is it one of those trial and error techniques ?
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Heidi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I certainly am imspired by your work and want to give this a try! TFS!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, thanks for the great inspiration. I made a card using your instruction, with a few changes. It works oh so well. I wish gltter showed up better (or at all) in photos. Up close and personal it's oh so sparkly! I've posted the card on my blog if you want to have a look see. Again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...