Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer 2010 CHA - Spellbinders Grand Calibur - JustRite Stampers Thank You Card

Back home from Summer CHA in Chicago!! WOW!!!! CHA was such a BLAST!!!! I had a fantastic time with old friends and meeting new friends too. I met so many amazing and talented ladies at the show. We had wonderful visits and lots of laughs!!! The Spellbinders™ booth was crazy busy--everyone wanted to see the NEW Grand Calibur™ and NEW Large Formant Grand Nestabilities™!! When I was at CHA I heard there was a lot of buzz on the internet about Spellbinders™ NEW Grand Calibur™ and Grand Nestabilities™. You are going to LOVE the New Machine and the NEW Large Format Dies!!! Look at what sweet goodness I have to share with you!!! *wink* Here is the NEW Grand Calibur™ from Spellbinders™.
~The Grand Calibur~
cuts & embosses up to 8-1/2'' wide,
accommodates 8-1/2'' x 11 paper,
cuts or embosses multiple shapes in a single pass,
compatible with all Spellbinders™ die templates,
the Grand Calibur™ is approximately 7lbs.,
MSRP for the Grand Calibur™ is $129.99

The plates are color coded and labeled.
Here is the back of the Grand Calibur™. I love the color and the flourishes!!

I have a quick card to share with you using the Grand Calibur™. As you can see from the picture above I have three die templates all on the base plate and I will be able to cut and emboss with all of these die templates on the plate at the same time!! How exciting is that? Start with the Base Plate, then die templates with the cut side up and then the Cutting Plate. Here's the diecuts after the first past through the Grand Calibur™ and every little piece cut!! The next step is to emboss using the Tan Embossing Pad and the Pink Embossing Plate.

Here is a picture of all of the diecuts. **for the card I didn't use the boarder diecut.
Next stamp the sentiment from the Just A Note stamp set from JustRite using the Clear 1-5/8'' Round Stamper and blue ink.
After all of the diecuts are made ink the edges (except for the Petite Scallop Circle).
Next add all of the diecut piece to the front of the card as shown in the photo. I used 3D Foam Squares from SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L™ to add a little dimension.
Here is a close up of the stamped sentiment from JustRite Stampers.
I also added a little bit of bling with some blue rhinestones.

Supplies~
Stamps: JustRite Stampers Just A Note, Clear 1-5/8'' Round Stamper
Dies & Punches: Spellbinder™ Nestabilities™ S4-114 Standard Circles Large Die #3, S4-115 Petite Scallop Circles Large Die #2, S4-204 Fleur De Lis Pendant
Paper: The Paper Company Light Blue, White
Ink: Clearsnap Vivid Cornflower
Accessories: SpellbindersGrand Calibur™; SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L™ 3D Foam Squares, Adhesive Sheets; Blue Rhinestones

Ok, now I am off to unpack and have an early night. Thanks for stopping by today and stop back soon--I will be posting some pictures from CHA!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Heidi!!
    It was SO NICE to finally hang out with you!!! Great to see that you made it home safe & sound! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really beautiful card! The new spellbinders machine seems really great, but I've just bought a Big Shot. Release should have been announced earlier :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project and thanks for the demo. I can't wait to order it and some of the new dies. Now if they had just made it with power like Tim Holtz we'd have it made..... LOL
    "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I sooo need this machine! Alas, I will just have to wait and count pennies for awhile longer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! I have about worn my poor Cuttlebug out completely - it's time for an upgrade. Was thinking about the Big Shot until Spellbinders came out with this one. Thank you Spellbinders. Great card, Heidi as usual. You said this is compatible with all the Spellbinder dies, but what about all the others? Cuttlebug, QuicKutz, Revolution, etc? Wow - I'm excited over this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this new machine. And it is light weight!! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - it just dawned on me - with this new big size that means we can make minibooks out of Spellbinders fantastic shapes! Me definitely want.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heidie It was so nice to see you at the show. Had so much fun I cant wait until winter time. I laughed so hard I think my face has frozen that way. I cant wait to see all of the amazing projects you will create with the new machine you are so sweet keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for being our eyes and ears for those of us who couldn't be there to see for our self. This machine is amazing have to get one love how your work can be done in one run. Yes don't have to run it over and over because it was small and could not put much in it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the intro to this new machine, I think this will be my next purchase :), I only own the cuttle bug (which I just love) and use daily..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! can't wait to purchase... I read that will not ship til September!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ich bin begeistert !!!
    Liebe Grüße Marlis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...