Tuesday, November 24, 2009

JustRite Autumn Blessings Coaster Set with a Tutorial

Hello! OMGosh I just can't believe how fast this last month has flown by!! Thanksgiving is just a couple of days away and then it will be all about getting ready for the Christmas holiday. I have one more Fall/Autumn project to share with you this season. I made a set of four coasters and a matching container for storing the coasters using the Autumn Blessings stamp set from JustRite Stampers. Even though I am using the Autumn Blessings stamp set you could also do coasters with a Christmas theme or with all of the wonderful images JustRite Stampers has to offer you could make a set of coasters for everyday use too!

Here is a picture of the finished set of coasters and another picture of the container that I decorated to hold the coasters.To start I purchased some tiles from the local hardware store. Before I started working on them I wiped them down to remove all of the dust. Then I stamped the images from Autumn Blessings stamp set from JustRite Stampers onto the tiles using StazOn Timber Brown Ink and heat set the ink. Here's a couple of pictures of the stamp set and close-ups of the stamps.All of the coloring was done with Copic markers (listed below). Now I know normally you can't use StazOn ink with the Copic markers but I think because of the texture of the tiles the ink is absorbed more and then I also heat set the ink. I didn't have any problems with the ink smearing or being picked up on the tip of my markers.After I had the coloring done I used one of the oval die templates from the Classic Ovals Large S4-110 die templates from Spellbinders™ along with the Copic airbrush system and I airbrushed around the inside edges of the oval.Next I used the Floral and Stone Impressabilities™ from Spellbinders™ and placed it on top of the tile. I used the Impressabilities™ as a stencil to airbrush with. First I used the Copic Sketch markers E74 Cocoa Brown.Then I added some golden tones using Y38 Honey.Here is a picture after airbrushing both E74 Cocoa Brown and Y38 Honey.I really liked the look but I wanted to tone it down just a bit and blend the colors so I used a wide Copic marker to go over the entire coaster. Here's a couple of close-up pictures once the coasters were finished.Next I altered a container that I had and the coasters fit in there nicely. I misted the entire container with Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels and let it sit to dry completely. Next I used one of the borders and centers from the Autumn Blessings stamp set from JustRite Stampers to stamp the sentiment with the images of leaves. I used the Classic Ovals Large S4-110 die template from Spellbinder™ to make the oval diecut and then I colored the images with Copic markers. I also made a couple of leaf diecuts using the Assorted Leaves S4-076 die template from Spellbinders™. I used inks and pastels to colors the leaves and adhered them with 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue from Beacon Adhesives.Supplies~
Stamps~JustRite Stampers-Autumn Blessings, 2-1/2'' x 3-1/16'' Wood Stamper
Paper~The Paper Company-Ivory
Ink~Tsukineko-StazOn Timber Brown, Memento Rich Cocoa, ClearSnap-ColorBox Chalk Ink Chestnut Roan, Mango Tango, Citrine
Misc.~Copic-Airbrush System, Markers-R17, R27, R29, Y38, YR04, YG00, Y15, Y19, YR21, YG25, YG63, YG95, B23, B39, E31, E74, YR24, Spellbinders™-Classic Ovals Large S4-110, Assorted Leaves S4-076 die templates, Floral and Stone Impressabilities™ 12-1006, Tattered Angels-Glimmer Mist Coffee Shop, Iridescent Gold, Beacon Adhesives-3-in-1 Advanced Craft GlueSo are you all ready for Thanksgiving? We are still getting ready. This year is just going to be a small gathering at my parents but I am looking forward to all the yummy food!! Thank you so much for stopping by today and for your comments--I really do appreciate all of the comments and hearing from all of you!! Don't forget to check out the JustRite Gallery and Blog for more inspiration that's JustRite!

Smiles!
Heidi

7 comments:

  1. Can you say Awesome :) LOVELOVELVOE
    Them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi!
    you have put a lot of work into these coasters and it has paid off.
    They are beautiful. I have never tried anything like this. I love the container to put them in too.
    Amazing.
    Hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, these coasters are great! Thanks for the tutorial on how you did. They will make great gifts any time of the year.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! Another reason why I need to start using copics, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi- I am a HUGE fan of all your work!!! Love the cute little eyes you put on your Copic airbrush system!!! Have a beautiful Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHH!! Love the colors on these!! (and smacking my forehead as I TOTALLY fogot about altering tiles as a gift idea!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...