Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Nestabilites , Nestabilities, Nestabilities--what can I say I LOVE THEM!!

Since we are celebrating one year of the Spellbinders Nestabilities I thought I would share a couple projects I made a while back using the Nestabilities. Both of these projects were made for one of my mom's friends. My mom & her friend had worked together for many years & my mom wanted to make her something really special for her retirement. We made a scrapbook for her, it had a few pictures in it but mostly it was filled with notes from co-workers (past & present). We made cards for them to write on and then my mom made sure everyone got one and wrote a little something. Then we made a scrapbook LO for each of the cards. It turned out really neat and it was fun to read what everyone wrote! I was really proud of my mom, she hasn't ever done any scrapbooking and I know she kept saying she didn't think she was much help but she pretty much showed me what she wanted for all of the LO's and then I put them together. I told her sometimes the hardest part about scrapbooking is coming up with the LO! I know I had a lot of fun with my mom and making the book together!! I think we did close to 30 page in the book.

Here is a picture of the front of the album.I started out with a piece of designer paper from DCWV and I adhered it to a piece of heavy chipboard. Then I added the brads. The center was done using the Classic and Petite Scallop Circle Nestabilites dies (S4-114 & S4-115). I cut out, embossed & air brushed the roses using the Rose Blossom Edgeabilites die (S4-044) and Copic sketch markers. The font that was used for the word friends is called Mystic. To finish it off I added stickles to the designer paper outlining all of the flowers and then also to the roses and around the edge of the scallops.

Here is a picture of the card that I made for my mom's friend. This was a really quick and easy card to make, some beautiful designer paper from Basic Grey (Stella Ruby-I Love this paper!!), a few terrific die cuts from Spellbinders and some ink, ribbon and a brad! The sentiment was cut out using the MegaNestabilities Classic and Scallop Rectangle dies (S4-142 & S4-143). The beautiful butterfly was made using the Butterflies 2 die (S3-146). I did a little bit of air brushing on the sentiment and butterfly using Copic sketch markers. Inked up the edges of the designer paper and added the embellishments. I also brushed over the entire card with gold perfect pearls from Ranger.

Thanks again for stopping by!! I really hope you are enjoying the Nestabilites Celebration and GUESS WHAT? Tomorrow (July 3) is my SNEAK PEEK!!! I can't wait to show you what I have been working on!!

Smiles!
Heidi

5 comments:

  1. Both cards are wonderful but I really love the butterfly one! Fantastic paper and layout, so arty. Will come back tomorrow to see what you do for the sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers Heidi! I love both projects but the bottom one with the butterfly is FABULOUS, the colors, the textures...YUMMY!!! I am stalking all the Spellbinders Girls blogs...I can't wait to see all the sneak peeks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I am impressed. What a wonderful project. I will be seeing you tomorrow for your sneak peak!!

    Marie
    http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com
    {hope you peak at mine too}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great job on those projects....can't wait to see what you have for us tomorrow!!!!
    Hugs
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite lovely artwork Heidi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...