Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Angel Baby

This is one of my all time favorite stamps! I know it's not a newer one but I have used it on so many cards & for so many different occasions. The image of the Angel Baby just gives me a sense of peace and innocences. Sometimes with photography it can be so hard to capture the shimmering details. I keep playing around with the lighting trying to get the perfect picture and I think this one shows detail but also the softness of the colors. The Scalloped Oval is made using the Nestabilities Die Cuts from Spellbinders. I used watercolor paper for the embossed oval. The angel image is stamped using black stazon ink. To achieve the soft coloring I started out by picking three pastel colors of ink, Barely Banana, Pretty In Pink & Bashful Blue. I lightly misted the watercolor paper with water, inked up a sponge with barely banana and blotted off most of the ink. *If you were painting something and used this technique it would be known as a dry brush.* Then starting in the center of the image I very lightly began to work in a small circular motion with the sponge. With each color I kept working the ink out to the edge of the oval. I also kept misting my paper which makes it easier to blend the inks. Once this was done I wanted to add a soft shimmer so I came in and highlighted different areas with twinkling H2O's. To finish off the oval I edged the scallops with a gold metallic pen, punched holes & wove the ribbon through. Also to add some shimmer to the background paper I lightly rubbed a versa mark ink pad over the embossed paper (Cuttlebug) and added some pearlex.

Supplies~
Paper~SU-Very Vanilla, Barely Banana, Watercolor Paper
Stamps~Stampendous
Ink~SU-Barely Banana, Pretty In Pink, Bashful Blue, Stazon-Black, Versa Mark
Other~Spellbinders-Nestabilities (large scalloped oval), Twinkling H2O's-Iridescent Gold, Iridescent Blue, SU-1/8" Circle Punch, 3/16"Corner Rounder Punch, Cuttlebug-Embossing Folder, Pearlex, My Stash-Ribbon, Popdots & Gold Metallic Pen

I hope you are having a wonderful first half to your week & thanks so much for stopping by!
Smiles!
Heidi

2 comments:

  1. I love the embossed background and you are right that stamp is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Heidi! i love all the recent stuff you've done. The "simple" card in the previous post is fantastic! i would have posted separate comments for each post, but my puter's acting up, so i'm giving it as little to do as possible!
    Hope you have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...