Friday, November 29, 2013

Thinking of You Sympathy Card

Hello blogging friends!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and if you went out shopping for Black Friday I hope you found some great deals!  I have been off and away from the computer for a couple of days.  My husband has been on vacation this past week and with the holidays we had some family from out of town so it was nice to get a little break.  The past few days we have had a lot of really great family time, relaxing and yummy food.  But now I guess it's time to get back to reality lol.

Since I have been away for a couple of days I haven't done any creating.  But I do have a card to share that I made a while back.  I make all of the cards for different co-workers of my husband's and not too long ago I had to make a sympathy card so I thought I would share it today.


I know this is a sympathy card but I love the simplicity of the layout and I think it could be used for several different cards just by changing the sentiment.  I used  S6-001 5x7 Matting Basics A and E3D-004 Basket Weave with Metallic Bronze cardstock to create the embossed background.  Then I lightly sanded the metallic paper to reveal the black core of the paper.  Next I used S6-006 Branching Out and a smaller die template from the S6-001 5x7 Matting Basics A to create a couple of layers and the sentiment on the card.


To finish off the card I added some WOC flowers, pearls and metal corner accents.

Just a quick little post today.  
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CR-03570 With Sympathy Clear Stamp Set
Paper:  Simply Smooth Ivory, Metallic Bronze
Ink:  Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa, Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Dies:  Spellbinders Creative Arts® Grand Calibur® Machine, S6-001 5x7 Matting Basics A, E3D-004 Basket Weave, S6-006 Branching Out
Accessories:  WOC Flowers, Metal Corner Pieces, Ivory Pearls, Scrapbook Adhesives By 3L® 3D Foam Squares, EZ Runner Permanent Strips-Refillable Dispenser 49'

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card. Always a tough card to make, but this one was surely to make its recipient feel some extra love that was needed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...