Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Ken Oliver Crafts - Thinking of You Watercolored Memories Card

Hello everyone!  Today, I have a card to share with you that I designed for CHA for Ken, of Ken Oliver Crafts.  Ken just recently released his new collections of papers, adhesive sheets, inks, stamps and Color Burst.  Some of the products have already started shipping and you can click HERE to visit Blue Moon Scrapbooking to see the New releases.  

Before I share my card with you I want to show you what I was doing yesterday.  I just received the New Color Burst and I was having some fun dying seam binding.


Check out these gorgeous and vibrant colors!  You can click on the image to enlarge it.  The Color Burst is so fun and easy to create with,  Color Burst is a micro fine pigment powder and you activate it by adding water.  Now I know you might be thinking the bottles are pretty small but it just takes a tiny little sprinkle of Color Burst and the colors really do BURST!  You can dye seam binding, flowers, create beautiful watercolor backgrounds and traditional watercolor painting.  


Color Burst will start shipping sometime in February or March--as soon as I get more details I will let you know.  Keeping checking back as I will be sharing more projects with Color Burst.  :)


Here is the card that I designed using some of the beautiful new Watercolored Memories Paper Collection 6 x 6 by Ken Oliver Crafts.  The images in the collection are so gorgeous and I love that that papers are two sided.  One side is bright and bold and the other is soft pastel colors.  I used the Watercolored Memories Paper for the background on the card,


Here is a look at the full Watercolored Memories Paper Collection 6 x 6.  The collection is also available in 12 x 12.


To create the rose frame I used Deco Frame-Rose Die Set from Tonic Studios and lavender cardstock,  The details in this die are so pretty.  Even though the Tonic dies have a lot of detail they cut beautifully and come out of the die template very easy.  Since this die is so detailed it is perfect to use with Stick It Adhesive Sheets by Ken Oliver Crafts.  Stick It is an adhesive sheet that you adhere to the cardstock, die cut and then remove the release paper on the backing and then apply the die cut to your project--easy peasy!


Here is a close up of the die cut.  Can you see the sparkle on the flowers?  I used the Zig Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Pen on all of the flowers and then I added a few pearls.


For the sentiment and stamped image I used CR-02129 Floral Basket Clear Stamps, one of the new stamp sets from JustRite Papercraft.  I stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then colored it with Spectrum Noir™ Markers LV2, PL2, DG2, DG3.  I used Scalloped Square Layering Die Set and Square Layering Die Set from Tonic Studios.  Then I used 3D Foam Squares in between the layers to add some dimension.  Just a note** The Tonic dies are linked in the supply list with both Tonic Studios USA and Tonic Studios UK.


To finish off the card I added some  May Arts Light Blue Satin Ribbon and WOC Flowers.

I hope you enjoyed the card I shared today and the Color Burst with the dyed seam binding.  Be sure to check back to see more projects with Ken Oliver Crafts products.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CR-02129 Floral Basket Clear Stamps
Paper:  Ken Oliver Crafts Watercolored Memories Paper Collection 6 x 6, Cardstock-White, Lavender, Purple
Ink/Markers:  Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Spectrum Noir™ Markers LV2, PL2, DG2, DG3
Dies:  Tonic Studios USADeco Frame-Rose Die SetScalloped Square Layering Die SetSquare Layering Die Set Tonic Studios UK-Deco Frame-Rose Die Set, Scalloped Square Layering Die Set, Square Layering Die Set
Ribbon:  May Arts Light Blue Satin Ribbon
Accessories:  Ken Oliver Crafts Stick It Adhesive Sheets, WOC Flowers, Pearls, Zig Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Pen, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares, EZ Runner Permanent Strips-Refillable Dispenser 49'

3 comments:

  1. wow, just stunning. Great color combo and I love the water colors you did for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ribbons! Can't wait to get my hands on Color Burst. We just received our order of the Watercolor paper collection and they're very, very popular! The colors are so vivid and the paper is soon nice. I love how you used the watercolor background on the reverse side as a beautiful backdrop for the die frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing creation! Love the die frame and the colors are so bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...